Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2005, 01:32 PM

Default Over pair against a 2+2er

Hero is UTG with [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

<font color="red"> Hero raises </font>, 1 fold, <font color="blue"> 2+2er 3-bets </font>, <font color="green"> BB calls </font>, <font color="red">Hero caps </font>, <font color="blue"> 2+2er calls </font>, <font color="green"> BB calls </font>.

Flop: (12.5 SB) 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

<font color="blue"> 2+2er bets </font>, <font color="green"> BB calls </font>, <font color="red"> Hero raises </font>, <font color="blue"> 2+2er 3-bets </font>, <font color="green"> BB (moran) calls </font>, <font color="red"> Hero caps</font>, <font color="blue"> 2+2er calls </font>, <font color="green"> BB calls </font>,

Turn: (12 BB) J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

<font color="blue"> 2+2er bets </font>, <font color="blue"> BB calls </font> , <font color="red"> Hero raises </font> , <font color="blue"> 2+2er calls </font> , <font color="green"> BB folds </font>.

River: (18 BB) 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

<font color="blue"> 2+2er checks </font> , <font color="red"> Hero ???? </font>

What hands do you bet/call, bet/fold, check behind?

And why.

All this is from memory, but that's pretty much the gist of it.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:48 PM

Default Re: Over pair against a 2+2er

Do you only remember the suits of your hole cards? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

edit: oh, I get it. Well the 2er looks like a big PP, probably AA or KK. I'd bet-call AA or bet-3bet JJ because he's probably toast. I check behind QQ because he only calls hands that beat me. KK is close, but I'd probably bet-fold it since I doubt he c/rs QQ/TT here.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:53 PM

Bet AA/KK here. I think you played this hand vs me. But the action is screwy if Im thinking of the same hand.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:58 PM

I bet AA, KK, JJ, and probably QQ.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:59 PM

FWIW, I do not raise the turn with QQ and maybe not with KK. Against a good player who's done nothing but bet/raise at every opportunity, I think I'm likely running into AA or the world's luckiest JJ pretty often.

The way you played it, I bet/call AA and KK. I check behind with everything else. This misses a bet in the specific case where I have QQ and villain has TT, but that isn't coming up often enough to justify a value bet IMO.
Old 09-23-2005, 02:05 PM

I'm not bet/folding any hand, however, I'd check behind with QQ because a better hand isn't folding, and given the action, the only hand you aren't behind is the other combo of QQ.
Old 09-23-2005, 02:09 PM

I check behind with QQ; unless your 2+2'er is having a major episode of donkitis, you are pretty much running out of hands that he caps preflop, plays this strong postflop, and you beat. Your only hope would be a way overplayed A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], and that's probably not calling a bet anyway. With the size of the pot, I think he folds a better hand if you bet never.

I bet/call with AA &amp; KK, especially if he knows that you are also a 2+2'er. He only has to make a desperation river check/raise 1 in 20 times for you to be able to call with either of these hands, and I think that's well within the range we're looking at. But both hands are also worth value betting, as villain's range now holds some hands that you beat (QQ + KK if you have AA) and others that you chop with (the rake is already capped). Again, though, I think that he folds a better hand never with the size of this pot.

I bet/fold never in what would then be a 21 BB pot.
Old 09-23-2005, 02:11 PM

neither of you can have QQ/JJ.

he wouldn't bet the turn with QQ and i don't think he would have 3-bet the flop, not 3-bet the turn, and checked the river with JJ. you on the other hand would not have capped JJ on the flop and you would definitely not have raised the turn with QQ.

so you have AA/KK, and so does he. bet/call with AA and check through with KK.
Old 09-23-2005, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet AA, KK, JJ, and probably QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

And (other than JJ) what hands do you fold, or 3-bet, if any?
Old 09-23-2005, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
neither of you can have QQ/JJ

[/ QUOTE ]

You've obviously never played with benkath...he can get pretty rowdy, especially if he knows his opponent is all county [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]