Old 11-07-2005, 01:54 PM

Default Re: Won trip for tourney

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hope your wife has fun playing in the tournament

[/ QUOTE ]

yup.

possible translation:
I got the 2k hands on more than one account and was playing in the CPC freeroll multiple times.

One guy at my table was actually TELLING people that he was doing this.

I finished about 160th out of almost 1k. Top 30 got the package.
Not really a close-call...but I still couldn't help myself from getting my hopes up just a little.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I was smelling the tropical breezes for a moment too. got up to 50th and blew it and went out something like 130.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Use Expedia or Travelocity to find your best fare, then book directly on the airlines website. They will give you a slightly better fare and will be much more accomodating if something changes. Same goes for any hotel accomodations. If you use one of the online agents and nedd to change something, you are SOL.........

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like great advice. except in the past when I booked something with them, they don't let you know which airline it is, until you actually pay for the tix. do you know any way around it? or just get the best price quote and look at every possible airline's site, trying to match that? I actually tried that once, and it didnt work. and even after I paid for the Delta tix at Expedia, I checked Delta site and they did not offer that price.

Of course, if there is a way to make this work, that would be great. Let me in on the secret [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-07-2005, 03:51 PM

I found the best price through Expedia via AA. When I went to AA website it was 50% more. In fact when I went to Expedia.ca is was cheaper then Expedia.com
Old 11-07-2005, 09:29 PM

It can be a little bit different for non-US citizens travelling abroad.
Sometimes when you leave the country you get all kinds of grief trying to get back in...or they can just deny you.

My GF was going to college here but was not an American resident (so no green-card) and just had a Peru passport.
When she and her friends went to Niagara Falls one time she didn't dare cross-over to the Canadian side for fear of not being let back in to the U.S.
It was unlikely...but still a risk she didn't want to take.

Perhaps she was exaggerating the possibilities...and I don't pretend to know much about it.
But I do know that it is probably more likely in the post-911 era for something like this to come up.

most of us American citizens should not ramble off TOO much about non U.S. citizens traveling from country to country unless we specifically know something about it imo.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I found the best price through Expedia via AA. When I went to AA website it was 50% more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually the airline is a little cheaper(~$5) plus you can get more miles. One time I did have to use Orbitz to get a specific connection I wanted as the airline, Travelocity and Expedia were much more expensive, I don't know why. Come to think of it, I believe that was an American flight also.

Use whatever is cheapest of course, but given the option, book through the carrier (or hotel) and it will be easier to make changes if the need arises.