Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2005, 09:39 AM

Default Re: Is this rude? Or am I a racist

[ QUOTE ]
You might want to wait to rest your case until you've actually proven your point. In this situation, you haven't yet done that. You told jake (who didn't make the statement you quoted before resting your case -- the OP did) that he was idiotic for stating that simply being annoyed by loud people is not racist just because the loud people are black. Your response to jake's post was clearly BS for the reasons I stated. Quoting the OP's blanket statements about loud black people doesn't change that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Listen here buddy. My intention was never to prove that Jake's statement is idiotic (although he clearly misunderstood either me, the OP or possibly both). I used the phrase "is an idiotic statement" merely because he used it on me. Now STFU and stop trying to seem clever. It doesn't suit you.
Old 05-19-2005, 09:42 AM

needs volume
Old 05-19-2005, 09:43 AM

This whole [censored] thread is idiotic.

Freakin
Old 05-19-2005, 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You might want to wait to rest your case until you've actually proven your point. In this situation, you haven't yet done that. You told jake (who didn't make the statement you quoted before resting your case -- the OP did) that he was idiotic for stating that simply being annoyed by loud people is not racist just because the loud people are black. Your response to jake's post was clearly BS for the reasons I stated. Quoting the OP's blanket statements about loud black people doesn't change that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Listen here buddy. My intention was never to prove that Jake's statement is idiotic (although he clearly misunderstood either me, the OP or possibly both). I used the phrase "is an idiotic statement" merely because he used it on me. Now STFU and stop trying to seem clever. It doesn't suit you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't get mad just because your logic sucks.

[ QUOTE ]
Quimby - How do we get out of here?
Homer - We'll dig our way out!
Pause (digging)
Moe - No dig up, stupid!

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Given that you have been reduced to the last resort of those whose positions are no longer defensible -- cursing and name calling -- I will, indeed, STFU about this as long as you do the same.

[ QUOTE ]
Whats your problem? I specifically said that it doesent depend on race. It just that where I live I hear only black people speaking loud.

I think you are the one who practice selective reading.

[/ QUOTE ]

You asked whether it's rude or whether you're racist. Now you're telling me this was actually not what your post was about? In addition, you certainly did not say anything about it not depending on race in your original post.

Ok, now let me clarify for the last time. Looking at OP I formed an opinion that yes, his thoughts of "all races can speak normally but blacks have to [censored] shout all the time" were indeed racist. I don't care whether Jakethebake thinks my comments about tolerance are bullshit. End of discussion.
Old 05-19-2005, 09:50 AM

You should be more tolerant of Jake's opinion.
Old 05-19-2005, 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

This is an idiotic statement. Being intolerant of actions does not make you racist. Being intolerant of actions dependent on the persons race does.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an idiotic statement. Being intolerant of black people because they are too loud is clearly being racist.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're logic is all backwards and mixed up. He's intolerant of anyone who's too loud. That's not racist. He thinks blacks are more inclined to be loud than other races. That might be racist, but if it's true I don't think it is.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

This is an idiotic statement. Being intolerant of actions does not make you racist. Being intolerant of actions dependent on the persons race does.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an idiotic statement. Being intolerant of black people because they are too loud is clearly being racist.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're logic is all backwards and mixed up. He's intolerant of anyone who's too loud. That's not racist. He thinks blacks are more inclined to be loud than other races. That might be racist, but if it's true I don't think it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

At least beat the correct dead horse. The "debate" has nothing to do with what the O.P. stated. The "debate" is only about this statement:

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, you are being a racist. You know why? Because part of tolerance is accepting other cultures/races/religions etc no matter what quirks and things they might have that you disagree with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its pretty clear: J.W. uses a definition of "racist" which I have never seen or heard, anywhere. Why? Well, JaketheBake has the answer ... its total gibberish, an idiotic statement. Furthermore, the well reasoned Hutz correctly "called B.S." on J.W.

J.W. attempted to turn the tide by mangling the O.P. original's statement/question, but, nobody is fooled by the smoke and mirrors. Furthemore, as Hutz pointed out, his position was so untenable, J.W. was forced into ad hominem attacks to save face.

I vote: Not only was it an idiotic statement, it was also total B.S.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As a side note, why do only black people speak so [censored] loud? All other races can speak like normal humans, but some black people just cant do it. I dont know if its only somalians, who are the only black ppl who live here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf. That's not racist. That's an observation about a group of people. You don't dislike them because they're black, you dislike them because they're loud as hell. Not racist. And I concur, the black girls at my old High School were louder than hell.