Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2005, 02:47 PM

Default Re: Office pet peeves (rant here)

One of the other attorneys in my group is SO loud. She also has an obnoxious, nasally accent. She routinely uses her speakerphone with the door open (even to check voicemail -- a pet peeve unto itself), shouts to the people in the offices to either side of her, and generally makes her unwelcome presence felt all up and down the hallway. Notwithstanding that she is one of the loudest, most annoying people on the planet, she has mentioned at several staff meetings how important it is that we all respect each other's interest in having a quiet work environment and that she's raising the issue because others have been making so much noise it's impossible for her to be able to concentrate on her work. What a biatch.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One of the other attorneys in my group is SO loud. She also has an obnoxious, nasally accent. She routinely uses her speakerphone with the door open (even to check voicemail -- a pet peeve unto itself), shouts to the people in the offices to either side of her, and generally makes her unwelcome presence felt all up and down the hallway. Notwithstanding that she is one of the loudest, most annoying people on the planet, she has mentioned at several staff meetings how important it is that we all respect each other's interest in having a quiet work environment and that she's raising the issue because others have been making so much noise it's impossible for her to be able to concentrate on her work. What a biatch.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's only one answer for this...
Old 05-17-2005, 03:16 PM

I have two annoying co-workers within a few feet of me every day. One constantly makes "baby-talk" on the phone to his girlfriend (I was actually surprised he *has* a girlfriend, for the longest time I thought he was gay), the other has an annoying hyena-laugh that he belts out 5-600 times a day. There's very little this guy doesn't think is funny.

Oh, and the two or three people nearby who leave their cell-phones unattended and with the rings turned out full-blast in their cubicles, who constantly get calls whenever they're away from their desks. The people that call don't seem to leave messages, either...the phones will ring 5 or 6 times, stop for a minute, and then ring 5 or 6 times again. This will continue until the owners of the phones get back to their cubicles.
Old 05-17-2005, 03:18 PM

i don't frequent this forum, but i am pretty sure the answer is "stick it in her pooper"
Old 05-17-2005, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm training someone, who is stupid. After everything I say, they give a sign of a approval, multiple times, for no reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

My officemate in graduate school was Chinese, and would always say "yesyesyes" as I was talking, as did several other Chinese students. I came to understand that it was a cultural thing, that meant not "I understand", but "I am listening attentively."

Which led to the following exchange at the airport ticket counter, pre-9/11:

"Sir, are you carrying any weapons or explosive devices?"
"Yes, yesyesyes."
(Ticket counter lady's eyes go wide.)
"Sir, I ask you again, are you carrying any weapons or explosive devices?"
"Yes, yesyesyes."
(I whisper slowly in his ear, "She asked if you have a bomb.")
(big smile) "Oh! Nooooo, nonono."
Old 05-17-2005, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, and the two or three people nearby who leave their cell-phones unattended and with the rings turned out full-blast in their cubicles, who constantly get calls whenever they're away from their desks. The people that call don't seem to leave messages, either...the phones will ring 5 or 6 times, stop for a minute, and then ring 5 or 6 times again. This will continue until the owners of the phones get back to their cubicles.

[/ QUOTE ]

Throw it in the john. I did this to someone once for this very reason. He looked everywhere until someone told him where it was. He was not happy. He never found out who did it though.
Old 05-17-2005, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Throw it in the john. I did this to someone once for this very reason. He looked everywhere until someone told him where it was. He was not happy. He never found out who did it though.

[/ QUOTE ]

An alternate, less dickish move is to simply turn the phone off. I do this quite a bit for a guy that works here. He tried to give me crap about it but I told him why I was doing it.

I do like Jake's idea though.
Old 05-17-2005, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't frequent this forum, but i am pretty sure the answer is "stick it in her pooper"

[/ QUOTE ]

She's single (imagine that) and all yours, big boy.