FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2003, 05:20 PM

Default Re: shades of fascism: Peace shirts outlawed

bush is not christian.

look up bohemian grove

and skull and bones (yale)
Old 03-06-2003, 11:23 PM

You may be ranting a bit. Just an observation.

I still maintain that this little, silly incident is just that: little and silly. Now if your initial post had been about the abuse of civil liberties that can be caused by the patriot act, then maybe the term "shades of fascism" would be appropriate. But even then, it is only a shade.

A truly fascist state is monstrous and oppressive, like Nazi Germany in 1938. We are far from this state of affairs in the US. You dilute the meaning of the term fascism by using it in this flippant way.
In my opinion.

-Zeno
Old 03-07-2003, 03:33 PM

Just an opinion, but you are probably white, with an above middle income that gleefully sticks his head in the sand. Everything I cited above is accurate. Americans all over the country are boycotting anything to do with France because the French don't condone fascist aggression. The people boycotting don't know squat about why, but the supreme leader told them so.

I think the near half a million Iraqis that will die after they are attacked by what Bush would accuse Saddam of being weapons of mass destruction would disagree with your assessment. I believe that Maya Indians in Guatemala would disagree with your assessment. I believe that the peasants of El Salvador would disagree with your assessment. I believe that the Vietnamese would disagree with your assessment. The Koreans (both North and South) disagree with your assessment. The African American, Native American, and Latin American communities disagree with your assessment.

The KKK agrees with your assessment. Aryan Nations agrees with your assessment. You get the picture. The oppressed disagree. The oppressors agree. Your in good comapany.

Just an opinion.
Old 03-07-2003, 11:33 PM

I believe that you are now Raving. Is it possible for you to crank yourself up a few more clicks to Hysteria?

I would like to make a few more observations for my notebook.

Thank You.

-Zeno
Old 03-07-2003, 11:35 PM

lol
[img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 03-08-2003, 05:31 AM

I believe that Zeno is now raving. Is it possible for Zeno to deny American fascisn in any more cynical tone?

Just a few more items to add to my notebook.....I don't think that I'll share them with you. It might cause you to
revert to McCarthy like tactics.
Old 04-26-2003, 05:56 AM

No one has the right to be on another person's property without their consent, which they can withold for any reason they choose. The peace activist has the right to demonstrate or wear a peace shirt on his own property or on public property, so none of his rights are being infringed.

If 100 pro-war demonstrators demanded the right to march through your bedroom, would you not be entitled to stop them? If you don't like fat people or Republican voters, you're within your rights to not allow them in your house. It's no different for the guy who owns the mall.
Old 04-26-2003, 09:24 AM

Default Pro-active

I'm also in favor of dragging suspected Al-Qaeda off to Russell's Old Room on some Uzbeki airbase and "interrogating" 'em w/a pair of pliers & a blowtorch.

Absolutely correct. After all, as the police comish once asked, Why would the police arrest someone is he weren't guilty?