Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2005, 03:26 PM

Default Re: Worst ever Oscar Winner

Shakespeare In Love
Old 02-25-2005, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

That doesn't make it a bad movie though. I don't know anyone who went into or came out of that movie thinking it was a documentary.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but we live in the US where we dont care much about the political history of the movie, so no one went in really caring about accuracy.
Old 02-25-2005, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

That doesn't make it a bad movie though. I don't know anyone who went into or came out of that movie thinking it was a documentary.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but we live in the US where we dont care much about the political history of the movie, so no one went in really caring about accuracy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, and I'm saying I don't care what the Brits think. They probably didn't like Shaka Zulu either. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 02-25-2005, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
American Beuaty is an amazing film. The only other movie worth a [censored] that year was 6th sense, and Im sorry, AB is a way better movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

while i agree that american beauty is amazing, i think american history x came out that year too, and imo was an excellent movie worthy of being a contender.

[/ QUOTE ]

really? I dont rmember it being up for an oscar, was it?? AHX is definately an amazing movie, but I still would go with AB as I liked it a little bit better.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think american history x was nominated for best picture...my point was that it should have been at least nominated.
Old 02-25-2005, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i don't think american history x was nominated for best picture...my point was that it should have been at least nominated.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed
Old 02-25-2005, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shakespeare In Love

[/ QUOTE ]

Word. Although if this is a british article, there may be some kind of nationalism keeping it off the list. But that movie was terrible. I don't remember exactly what the competition was that year, but I remember there being some great alternatives.

- Jason (http://jason.strangerstudios.com)
Old 02-25-2005, 03:38 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

[ QUOTE ]
One of the things im most proud of in life (how sad is this), is that I have never seen Titanic

[/ QUOTE ]

even if you're modestly proud of that "achievement" you're lame. you are not cooler than anybody who has seen titanic, and your heralding of it or refusal to see it on some social basis or whatever makes you worse.
Old 02-25-2005, 03:39 PM

It's close, but once you've experienced the tedium of The Greatest Show on Earth, you'll know it's a toss-up.
Old 02-25-2005, 03:39 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

american history x really wasn't any kind of remarkable or unique story
Old 02-25-2005, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
One of the things im most proud of in life (how sad is this), is that I have never seen Titanic

[/ QUOTE ]

even if you're modestly proud of that "achievement" you're lame. you are not cooler than anybody who has seen titanic, and your heralding of it or refusal to see it on some social basis or whatever makes you worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Woooooooord. I thought this movie was pretty good. Not something I could watch once a month, but still good. It had good visuals and a great ensemble cast.