Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-31-2005, 04:05 PM

Default Is SSNL full ring nothing but nut peddlers now?

I have a friend that I am teaching to play NL. I used to play primarily 6-max before switching over to SNG's not too long ago. It's been awhile since I have played full ring on Party and I don't remember the games being this tight.

We opened up 10 tables of 25 NL full ring this afternoon and I kept an eye on all of them while he played on a couple for an hour or so. The loosest table of the 10 was around 25/8. Is this typical of the full ring games these days?

If 90% of the players at 25 and 50NL full are going to be nut peddlers, then I don't think he's going to learn a whole lot playing there. I wanted to have him play full until he was comfortable there before switching over to 6-max. Would it just be better for his game to start out learning at 6-max? Are there any sites besides Party where the full ring games are looser or have more of a variety of player-types?
Old 12-31-2005, 04:09 PM

Default Re: Is SSNL full ring nothing but nut peddlers now?

Not last night on party. Great action and lots o' donkeys.
Old 12-31-2005, 06:25 PM

Default Re: Is SSNL full ring nothing but nut peddlers now?

Nights are still fantastic, though I believe the preflop play of many players has improved. With a bunch of nut peddlers your friends is going to have to do something other than just being one of them. *gasp* He might need to learn how to actually play poker. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

You'll need to teach him to isolate the donks and build pots against the weak tighties preflop so you can steal them. Then throw in lots of value betting and he'll be raking in the cash.