Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 02:42 PM

Default Re: What\'s your pet peeve?

[ QUOTE ]

i.e. Last week there were messages every five feet about rape and such, I think it annoying, as if defaces the beauty of the campus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go hug a tree, you liberal hippie.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
when a cashier gives you your change and puts the bills in your palm first and then the coins on top, making it inevitable that at least one of the coins will drop

[/ QUOTE ]

Even more annoying is when the cashier sandwiches the receipt between the bills and the change (especially when it is the psycho cashier in the company cafeteria who forces receipts on everyone -- just in case they need to return that coffee later...).

Also cashiers who talk to co-workers, who always seem to need "the key", can't count, try to make you get their special frequent user card, speak to you, look at you funny, move too slowly, breathe...

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow I'm like super-cashier defender this week. (Please don't hate me)

Giving back the change wrong so that the customer can't handle it is just poor training. Lots of retail managers don't think about a lot of the minor things they're supposed to teach thier employees and this is one of them.

Talking to co-workers while serving a customer is inexcusible. I've fired cashiers who can't correct themselves.

I will defend on these points though: Forcing a receipt is a loss prevention policy. You ever see those little "If you don't get a receipt you're meal is free" signs? It forces the cashier to ring the sale and makes it much much harder to pocket money. Also overhead surviellence cannot see if the register is actually ringing the sale, but can see a cashier hand the receipt out.

As for frequent-shopper and crap cards, trust me when I say it irritates the cashier much more than you that they are forced to offer them. High pressure point-of-sale tactics are usually mandated by uper-level managers who have never set foot on a sales floor in their lives. You should complain to stores' corporate offices about these policies.
Old 11-11-2005, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People on line for fast food who have to use the cell phone to be reminded of what someone wants.

[/ QUOTE ]

People who say "on line" rather than "in line."
Old 11-11-2005, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's your pet peeve?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate people who are Petantic.... <font color="white"> (I know is Pedantic) </font>
Old 11-11-2005, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What's your pet peeve?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate people who are Petantic.... <font color="white"> (I know is Pedantic) </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a strange Ped Peeve <font color="white"> (I know it's Pet) </font>
Old 11-11-2005, 06:32 PM

Default Good pet peeve

[ QUOTE ]
any guest host on PTI

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen to that. They shouldn't even air the episode.

Bad drivers are an excellent choice, esp. ones that run yellows when there's no chance they'll clear the intersection before my light turns green.

Co-workers who bust me posting on 2+2.

ScottieK
Old 11-11-2005, 06:56 PM

My neighbor's pet dog that barks at anything/everything and won't STFU when I'm trying to relax out back, and they won't shut it up/call it in/ or shoot it.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
…people who use large words when a small one will do.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-11-2005, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
People who block really long escalators instead of walking up/down them.

[/ QUOTE ]

You go to Georgetown, right? I think that "stand right, walk left" is a DC Metro area thing, specifically referring to escalators. I'm not a world traveler or anything like that, but DC is the only place I've been where people walk up the escalators. I've gotten a lot of strange looks from people as I try to pass them on my way up in other cities.

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, never realized that - DC is the only city I've lived in for a prolonged period (I go to GWU).

Mine is also DC-specific, but can be applied elsewhere: people who are waiting to get onto a Metro train and crowd around the doors, then back off when the doors open, suddenly realizing that the people crowded around the door inside the car actually wanted to get out.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:11 PM

When foreigners speak other languages than English around you.. typically in a place of business. It makes me feel uncomfortable.

[ QUOTE ]
when a cashier gives you your change and puts the bills in your palm first and then the coins on top, making it inevitable that at least one of the coins will drop

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this too. I also hate when they put the change on the counter so you have to try and slide it off into your hand. If you don't do it 1 by 1, usually they're going on the floor. It's hard to pick them up, too.