Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2005, 04:08 PM

Default Wirless router effects 8 tabling

Im playing on stars. When I 6 tabled after about an hour it would often stall for a sec. and go right back.

Now when I 8 table it stalls and doesnt come back at all and I have to close and reopen everything which kills my game.

I go to a website to see if my connection is working, and it is. Im guessing the problem might be because Im wireless.

Comments before I go and switch everything around. Thanks.
Old 10-09-2005, 06:50 PM

Default Re: Wirless router effects 8 tabling

Anything?
Old 10-09-2005, 07:01 PM

Default Re: Wirless router effects 8 tabling

What do you use to configure your wireless client? Does it indicate to you the relative or absolute signal strength for a given network? If it does is this signal particularly weak where you use your wireless client? Can you move the router to a better (e.g., more central) location?

Is there any reason to think you are getting interference from another wireless network? Do you live in an apartment building or townhouse? If so, do you detect other networks near you, and is your router on the default channel 6? If it is, then it is likely others are nearby. Change it to something else.

Do you see any downtime from a deviced connected to the router from a wired connection? Could it be farther upstream than your router?