Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2003, 11:28 PM

Default Golf Match Play Championship Bracket

http://espn.go.com/golf/matchplay.pdf

Of course, ya might as well toss all 64 names in a hat then draw two to predict the final. HOWEVER...

Fascinating opening matches=Tiger-Pettersson, Leonard-Ollie & Beem-Lowery.

Man, does Tiger have an easy path to the final after the first two rounds. There are only five other guys playing well in his whole half, and if he can't beat Pettersson, the Funk-Choi winner, and then Goose or Rose in the semis, he'll never win this damn thing. I think Howell & Price gotta be shook by Riviera a bit, though their potential 2nd rounder is interesting.

On the other side, I love Monty's quarter. No real pumpup the crowd guy other than Toms. Call me nuts, but this thing's been cyclical, so the top seeds are due this year. Plus Monty's also due to play well here, and he'll never have an easier time w/the crowds. I actually think Monty could get the crowd on his side against Weir & Els. I think Faxon smokes Phold in the 2nd.

I'll go w/a Tiger-Monty final. Darkhorses=Rose, Weir, Faxon, Toms. Coalblackhorse=Duval. At least he's putting OK, and he has to start playing well again sometime. Pitchblackhorse=Pettersson. He played very smart at Torrey Pines, but he wasn't in the same group as HIM. Whatta story it would be though, a last minute entry here after the runnerup at TP in his 6th start.
Old 02-25-2003, 12:39 AM

Default Re: Golf Match Play Championship Bracket

After seeing the pic of Toms' wife PGA TOUR.com linked from the SI swimsuit issue, I will never underestimate Toms. That is some incentive. She LG, he PG, as a couple they add up.
Old 02-25-2003, 11:44 AM

Weir can't be a darkhorse pick, with 2 wins under his belt this year!
Ernie has a great match play record, (as does Tiger) so I'm picking Phil!

P.S. They all have hot wives/girlfriends.
Old 02-25-2003, 12:45 PM

I like the Phold pick also. with his propensity to make a lot of birdies, he's just the type of player that you'd expect to do well here. The only one who can beat Phil is Phil. Well, Phil, Tiger, Ernie, et al, but I'm still going with him.