Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Subtract or add-on charity amount?
Subtract from prize pool 15 48.39%
Add on charge 16 51.61%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-25-2004, 07:04 PM

Default Scene Stealers

Let’s pretend two people are watching a movie or TV drama together on tape or DVD and one has to get up for something that is not an emergency (e.g., get a snack).
Old 11-25-2004, 07:36 PM

Default Re: Scene Stealers

Very strange question....sounds like you've got some issues watching movies bro [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-25-2004, 07:40 PM

I wouldn't wait until the end of the scene.

But then I would go back to the beginning of the scene if some dickhole didn't wait until the end of a scene before he got up.
Old 11-25-2004, 10:47 PM

Rick,

Read a book will you.

-Zeno
Old 11-26-2004, 02:17 AM

Naw man, seriously, this bothers me too. Why on earth would you want to distract someone while they are paying attention to something that requires attention for enjoyment? Doesn't it kind of seem like you're degrading the quality of that thing? But it's not as bad as incessant talking during a movie.
Old 11-26-2004, 07:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Naw man, seriously, this bothers me too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wrote up the post and poll real quick and I have the distinct impression that you guys are placing me incorrectly.

[ QUOTE ]
Why on earth would you want to distract someone while they are paying attention to something that requires attention for enjoyment?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not the person who gets up half-way through a one or two minute scene. In both cases the ones who do are my best friend and a member of my family.

[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't it kind of seem like you're degrading the quality of that thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it does and that is my point with my best friend and member of my family who will remain anonymous. I rarely watch TV or movies (outside of theaters) but when I do it is usually with somebody and it is almost always something on tape or DVD. To me it is common sense and common courtesy to wait until the end of a scene to take a snack break. When we are watching the show/movie together, and getting up in the middle of a scene is an unnatural break.

My response is to rewind to the beginning of the scene. That drives the two of them crazy and prompted my quick post/poll as sort of a joke. The other people in my life take their breaks at the end of a scene. I can pause the tape and take my own break so we are always in sync and the feeling of togetherness is enriched.

That said, I prefer to see movies in theaters just because of the fact there are no interruptions.

Anyway, I admit to being anal retentive but not a nit [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

~ Rick
Old 11-26-2004, 07:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Read a book will you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well my Christmas wish list was 80% books but I really just use them for decorations [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

~ Rick
Old 11-26-2004, 07:50 AM

Default It won\'t work

Rick,

I understand you had an argument with a broad when she insisted that you pause the goddamn movie.

Let me tell you that getting a gigantic majority of your poker pals on this forum to approve of what you did won't cut it with the girl. Telling her so might actually make things worse!

Just thought you should know.

Take care.

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2004, 08:09 AM

Default Re: It won\'t work

[ QUOTE ]
Rick,

I understand you had an argument with a broad when she insisted that you pause the goddamn movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

NO! I had an argument with a woman in my family (I'm too pc to use "broad" [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]) because she is the one (along with my best friend on other occasions) who gets up in the middle of the scene, insists I don't pause - I feel I have to pause and rewind to the beginning of the interrupted scene to preserve continuity. Anyway, see my other response posted three minutes before you posted the above.

~ Rick

PS This is the last time I start a thread after drinking holiday wine while in a hurry [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2004, 11:27 AM

Default None of The Above

They should wait til the end of the MOVIE.

D.