Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-29-2005, 09:41 AM

Default Re: 100NL full: Opponent is good and loose and capable of anything...

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I see your point. Where I play if your getting your pot bets called on multiple streets they usually have more than one pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see many, many palyers at the lower levels that will not fold a flush or o-e-str8 draw to a pot sized bet. This is where we make our money. Bet the pot or more, they will call. Sometimes they draw out, but when they call, you gain & they lose in theory.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:48 AM

Default Re: 100NL full: Opponent is good and loose and capable of anything...

I probably bet less on the river, like $10 or $15 expecting a minraise from the typical donk if I'm behind or he has a hand he thinks is good.....that way I'm not calling $50. You'd be amazed how well this works....very few donks will make the proper sized bet, instead they minraise.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:45 AM

Default results...

Thanks for the great discussion all. I lost, of course, to 46s. It seems I gave the correct odds. Against an opp like this in the future I will likely raise more pre and overbet the pot slightly on the flop then play it by ear.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:41 PM

Default Re: results...

Everyone seems to agree that you need to bet more in this situation... but can you get away from it on the river in this situation? A large portion of your 100BB stack will be committed already. 4BB preflop, ~10BB on flop, 30BB on turn... a little less than half your stack is in now. With the things that most people said here, they'd fold to a river push, even with ~45% of their stack already in (maybe not a bad idea). But if good players pick up on this, it seems to me that we'll be getting moved off a lot of pots since we're not loose.

...just playing devil's advocate, of course.