Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 02-13-2003, 02:44 PM

Default Hanoi Chomsky II

a follow-up to Hanoi Chomsky, of course;-)

http://www.frontpagemag.com/articles...le.asp?ID=6088
Old 02-13-2003, 02:51 PM

Default Re: Hanoi Chomsky II

for what its worth alex jones , with whom i agree on everything, thinks chomsky is griebling left wing propagandist.

but i still think chomsky makes good points here and there.

alex's main criticism in a nutshell is that chomsky thinks UN is the answer. (UN is evil no doubt.)
Old 02-13-2003, 02:59 PM

OK--guess I'll have to look up Alex Jones and "griebling";-)--and I'm not saying Chomsky doesn't make some good points. However I do feel what little I've read of his is jam-packed with poor reasoning, false equivalences, unrealistic expectations, and unfair condemnations of the US while seeming to support the most tyrannical regimes. And in fact his speech in Vietnam bears out his support for pure Maoism--an evil philosophy in practice if there ever was one.
Old 02-13-2003, 03:05 PM

well my point is i can link to a site which says that blacks are inferior or jews are the devil or whatever, but that (obviously) doesnt make it true.

if chomsky did visit n.v. and made that speech i would expect to be able to confirm that.

note that im equating david horowitz with people with little or no credibility.

for example, do u agree with d.h. that current peace protesters are a danger and a 'fifth column' and probably working for saddam?
Old 02-13-2003, 03:20 PM

OMFG.

Before you assign zero credibility to a whole site which has articles by numerous authors, why don't you try READING a little first?

Do you think it's impossible that there are SOME anti-US elements in the peace movement? SOME pro-Iraqi forces at work? Do you just ASSUME that the ENTIRE peace movement is merely good-willed flower children (sure some of them are)? And you therefore ASSUME that anyone who says there are some Iraqi agents involved is wrong? Do you find it even a bit peculiar that Ramsey Clark, who helps lewad the peace movement, has a veryu strange conflict of interest in that he also serves as legal counsel for Saddam Hussein? And that he is starting a website to to try to impeach Bush?

Please let's take this to another thread--it's really needlessly clogging up this very real thread from the start.