Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-20-2005, 06:27 AM

Default Re: Couple of independent $22+2 hands

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 2: This is a great spot. You stand to win a lot by pushing (I imagine you get a walk about 1/3 of the time and otherwise it's mostly a coinflip) but calling for set value is also very good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure a push here is (marginally) +EV but just calling and spiking a set is more +EV overall, your odds are a bajillion to one and with so many in the pot, the chances of stacking one (especially if an ace flops) must be huge.

It's also only 1/20th of your stack so doesn't even hurt you in the slightest should you miss.

The second one is a lot more of your stack (75 of 945) just to call and try to spike a set and there's always the (albeit slim) possibility the BB might try some PVS type crap. I like a call here a lot less than I do in the 2nd one. There's also the metagame considerations of "crap, he defends his small blind so I'd better not try to steal from him too much" should you be called and win, it really is worth its weight in gold (depending on the table and how observant it is, of course)