Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2004, 06:35 PM

Default Flop Monster, Crazy Turn Action, What to do?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (16 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Plan On River? Opponents haven't gotten out of line yet, and it looks like atleast MP1 has a boat.

Comments on other streets appreciated also.
Old 08-28-2004, 07:36 PM

Default Re: Flop Monster, Crazy Turn Action, What to do?

Check and call 1 bet.....You are probably fine until MP1 caps and the Button calls the two back to him........If Button and MP1 get into it on the river, I'd lay it down with confidence, but pay one bet for sure.....

I'd have to say that the range of hands MP1 would play like that are fairly small...He could have been looking for overcalls on the first two streets, so I could see him playing K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] like that, although it's more likely that he flopped two pair, filled up on the turn and was waiting until the river to come alive, but decided no one was going anywhere, so he pushed.....The BB probably has a single jack here, I don't think you are behind him...