Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2004, 06:16 PM

Default Re: TPTK, Nutflush Draw, Out of Position

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I didn't have a good read on him as he showed me 44 for a near nut hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

First off, that was pretty cool of your opponent to not charge you more on the river.

Second, the reason why I liked your line was because with his flop raise it created a heads-up pot for the turn with the raiser having position on you. In my experience with typical party opponents in this situation, they will bet the turn like 97%(made of stat, but you get my point) of time which sets up perfectly for the turn check-raise. This line will yield you an extra SB vs. the 3-bet/lead the turn approach. If MP2 would have cold called the flop raise, then I would have 3-bet the flop.
Old 08-13-2004, 06:55 PM

I think you should reraise the flop. You are the favorite against almost every hand, and you really don't want the turn to get checked through, no matter what comes off. Take the lead, make him pay to draw, and hope the flush gets there when you'll certainly take him for 3 bets on the river.

my 2 cents.
Eric

PS. This post would have been better if you'd ended it with: Hero bets. That's all we need to know to analyze your play, and it leaves open many more possibilities for your opponent's holding.
Old 08-13-2004, 07:42 PM

I like and dont see any reason to 3bet the flop and let the opponent find out that you have a pair and give him a chance of getting away cheap with a weak hand. I dont think he will check the turn very often here as itīs HU, you have represented missed overcards with your flop call and he might get a free showdown if he bets.

Give that he limped UTG and you have Ad and Td, there arenīt many flushdraws he can be raising for a freebie here and even if he is then he will most likely bet the turn anyway as itīs HU now.

I think TP-weaker kicker or a pocket pair are his most likely hands and I dont like letting the pocket pairs off cheap by 3betting the flop.