Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2005, 02:43 PM

Default Re: Would you let your GF sleep in the same bed with another guy?

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I better post the results, thanks alot for the responces guys. Well what ended up happening was she blew off the air matress thing saying it would be inconvenient to blow it up every night. At that point I knew for sure there was no more meaningful relationship here. So I just said OK I understand. What I ended up deciding is that im going to continue to have the relationship just for the sex and companionship. But I am no longer seeking a a long term relatinoship with her even though it hurts to admit it.

[/ QUOTE ]
How exactly did you say "OK I understand"? Was it exactly like that, or was it like "Alright, I understand. Make sure you use a rubber, dude, because I don't want to be catching any of that [censored] when I come over"?
Old 07-29-2005, 02:45 PM

I meant I understood an air matress would be inconvenient and made off like its no big deal that they will be sleeping in the same bed.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I meant I understood an air matress would be inconvenient and made off like its no big deal that they will be sleeping in the same bed.

[/ QUOTE ]

worlds easiest dumping. make it easier, youre gonna get dumped after they bone anyways. its pretty sad but being in your situation would blow ass.

rj
Old 07-29-2005, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

worlds easiest dumping. make it easier, youre gonna get dumped after they bone anyways. its pretty sad but being in your situation would blow ass.

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

This is key. Either way there is going to be a dumping, the only thing in question is whether the OP gets to keep is self respect.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:07 PM

I dont understand all the harshness of these posts after OP did what was exactly right to do.

He decided that he no longer has any long term plans for this girl but rather than just walking away from the kind of girl he has little or no chance of scoring with (he claims she is above his league) - he is simply planning on maintaining the sexual/other benefits fo the relationship.

As for her dumping him eventually - so what? Reminds me of a friend who was in a similar situation and when the girl finally dumped his ass, she made sure to tell him (in front of all his friends) that she never enjoyed the sex they had together. You know what he said? "So what, I got off". Moral of the story is that now that he has a correct grasp of where the relationship is going, he simply needs to maintain the parts of it that he likes and avoid the parts that he doesn't like (even if she will break up with him over it).

Aren't any of you married guys out there looking at this and thinking: "hmmm.... I do all this crap my wife wants me to do cause I care about the relationship and want it to continue - if I didn't care about the relationship, I would never do [insert crappy request from wife]" - well, he no longer has to.
Old 07-29-2005, 03:25 PM

If you had no emotional attachment to her at all and could just get out and look for a new girlfriend while still talking to her, this would possibly be OK. Maybe.

As it is, you're going to be kicking yourself for being really stupid about six months from now when it blows up in your face and you lose all self-respect for yourself.
Old 07-29-2005, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes because you totally have to blow them up every night...
Old 07-29-2005, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I better post the results, thanks alot for the responces guys. Well what ended up happening was she blew off the air matress thing saying it would be inconvenient to blow it up every night. At that point I knew for sure there was no more meaningful relationship here. So I just said OK I understand. What I ended up deciding is that im going to continue to have the relationship just for the sex and companionship. But I am no longer seeking a a long term relatinoship with her even though it hurts to admit it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna throw the bullshit flag.

15 yards, roughing the testicles.

Dude, you are gonna get hurt. Badly. I don't know about anyone else on these boards, but "girlfriend" means exactly that. Now if you are morphing this into [censored] buddy, I still don't think it's worth it. She lives a good distance away from you. Not like you can call her up and hit it one night when you are bored.

Let it go, and move on. Completely. It's the only smart move here. If you don't, the feelings you have for her are gonna get you hurt.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
15 yards, roughing the testicles.

Dude, you are gonna get hurt. Badly. I don't know about anyone else on these boards, but "girlfriend" means exactly that. Now if you are morphing this into [censored] buddy, I still don't think it's worth it. She lives a good distance away from you. Not like you can call her up and hit it one night when you are bored.

Let it go, and move on. Completely. It's the only smart move here. If you don't, the feelings you have for her are gonna get you hurt.

[/ QUOTE ]
i think everyone's forgetting that it's a LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIP!!! how much bootie calling is going to be going on in a LDR? it's not like OP can just call her up every so often and hook up.
OP should cut all ties now. as if it's needed, this is just another example of him trying to label the relationship as something it's not. He's trying to keep ties to her and denies having long term plans for her, but the essentials for a short term hookup/ [censored] buddy aren't there.

run while you can, OP. this is a car wreck waiting to happen.
Old 07-29-2005, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im going to continue to have the relationship just for the sex and companionship.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, pal...this will not happen. Hate to break it to you, but she's written you off.