Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 06:54 PM

Default $22: Blinds bearing down

Do I push any two here and hope some fold equity gets me through or I get very luck with two free cards? Or, let the blinds (which are going up to 100/200 on the next hand) catch me and hope to catch better cards in the blinds or on the button (but with only t555 left into a 200 BB)?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t150 (5 handed) converter

Hero (t855)
MP (t1545)
Button (t2405)
SB (t2325)
BB (t870)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">

Push?
Old 12-15-2005, 10:13 PM

Default Re: $22: Blinds bearing down

I think I push because of who is in the BB. If the 2400 stack was in there intead, I'd pass.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I push because of who is in the BB. If the 2400 stack was in there intead, I'd pass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the reply, tigerite.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:11 AM

No problem - I do have to say though I am not overly enamoured with the push. It's just a case of running out of time and the fact your position on this table sucks anyway. I mean if they fold to the SB next hand he's gonna push, and if you fold which you will have to quite a bit, you are now by far short stack. It's the lesser of two evils here to get it in there.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:26 AM

Let's say I fold and that leaves me with t655 after posting the BB. Absent reads, what range do you call a SB push with?
Old 12-16-2005, 10:28 AM

It would depend when the blinds were going up to 100/200 and how the rest of the table were responding to pushes, but generally, quite wide. A read on him is vital though and you should definitely have one at this point. I mean, some SB's will only push with top 25% or something there, some will push any two, some with something inbetween.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It would depend when the blinds were going up to 100/200 and how the rest of the table were responding to pushes, but generally, quite wide. A read on him is vital though and you should definitely have one at this point. I mean, some SB's will only push with top 25% or something there, some will push any two, some with something inbetween.

[/ QUOTE ]

The blinds were going up on the next hand (with me in the BB), which was crucial to the original post. I suck at getting reads when MTing. Have to work on that more than anything else, I think.

Thanks again for all the input. Very valuable. I'll go easy on you when I move up to the 109s. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-16-2005, 10:38 AM

Oh well with the blinds going up this hand is almost an insta push then.