Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2005, 03:39 PM

Default I thought cutoff was on a steal...

CO is 50/9.1/2.0 (after 21 hands)

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: HouseCalls is SB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, HouseCalls calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
HouseCalls checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">HouseCalls raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, HouseCalls calls, BB calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
HouseCalls checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, HouseCalls calls, BB calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
HouseCalls checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">HouseCalls raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, HouseCalls calls.

Final Pot: 16.50 BB

Questions:
Is preflop call ok?
Is check raise to try and isolate BB on flop good or should I jave just lead out with top pair?
Is c/c the the turn ok after villain 3 bets flop or should I have lead out?
Call or raise when I hit the two pair on the river? Obviously I rasied so should I call or reraise the villain here?
Ok so basically I'm confused on every street. Other than that it was pretty straight forward...
Old 12-15-2005, 04:21 PM

Default Re: I thought cutoff was on a steal...

Unless you have a super dooper read on the raiser T8s probably isn't worth protecting.

What about the 4 of diamonds scared you on the turn? If your hand was ahead on the flop it is still ahead here.

3 to a straight on the river may be a calling situation but probably not too bad.

On the whole, you should have folded pre-flop. What do you think he is stealing with that you beat? T8o?
Old 12-15-2005, 04:23 PM

Cool calling in the SB in a steal situation like this is usually a mistake. I fold this preflop. If you really want to play it, you should 3bet.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:25 PM

*grunch*

Edit: Oh yeah, I fold this preflop.

Any reads on what CO raises with? If he raises anything in late position, I like your line. If he only raises premium hands, I wonder if he's got an overpair on the flop and probably just call the bet.

I like the turn call - we're getting just slightly more than our required odds to chase the 5-outer.

Two pair is probably good here. If he were on a straight draw you'd expect him to take the free card on the turn. I raise the river, and probably cap it. I may be spewing, though.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cool calling in the SB in a steal situation like this is usually a mistake. I fold this preflop. If you really want to play it, you should 3bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

The flop check-raise is good.

After getting 3-bet I might check-fold the turn UI. It looks like this guy has an overpair unless he is crazy aggro.

Cap the river. It really looks like he's going nuts w/an overpair, which you now beat. Make him pay another bet and watch him go into a chip spewing suicide tilt when you kill his AA/KK with T8s.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:54 PM

I fold this preflop too. I'm definitely raising the river though, with only T-9 and JQ beating me. (I'm not worried about a set here)

Excellent avatar MrWookie.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:25 PM

I'm folding preflop

1.) T8s plays well multiway, and is often dominated HU/3way.

2.) I'm not sure why you think this guy is stealing. his PFR is highish, but not compared to his VPIP. In fact, the VPIP is high enough that it would take some specific encounters to assume he's sensitive enough to position to be trying to steal.

That being said, I lead out on the flop, and if raised i call and check/fold the turn UI.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:32 PM

PF I don't think is as cut &amp; dry as everyone is saying. A case can be made for any of the 3 options. Though I rarely call a raise from the SB I don't mind it here just to make it harder for him to steal.
Flop &amp; turn are fine.
Lead the river - I'm not sure if I call or 3-bet a raise.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:05 PM

*grunch*

Flop, I like it. But with his 3-bet, I think we're behind

Turn's good

River - I'd think about leading this. If he CO reraises, I'd re-raise one more time. I think we've got the best hand the majority of the time here.

Crovax

Edit: Why would you fold turn UI? 4 outs (discounting the club 8), and implied odds barely make this callable. Rake might be a factor here (but it's .25/.50) in larger games, but here, it's an easy call.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:12 PM

Thanks for all the responses. Before I reveal the results let me ask a general question this raises for me. I thought CO was basically stealing with "any two cards" and I thought my hand was basically marginal. In this situation is it worth a call to see the flop cheap and then see if you can block the steal after the flop or do you feel this as always a raise or fold situation?