Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 05:29 PM

Default i hate multi hand posts too

but i took a shot at a higher game today (and failed) and wanted to post some of these. will provide reads.

hand 1: villain here is a complete donk who will play any two. pretty reasonable postflop though. not too tricky and doesnt bluff but likes to slowplay AA and the likes. also likes to bet draws a lot.

Absolute Poker Hold'em (4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 12 BB

hand2:

villain here is tricky, smart, and a former 2+2er. he didn't call the flop with the intention of bluffraising the turn though. i'm beginning to think bet/fold is better than check/call down. thoughts?

Absolute Poker Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, MP folds, Button folds.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB

hand 3:

villain here likes to iso raise a lot. he iso-raised my UTG raise with ATo in an earlier hand. river action?

Absolute Poker Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (5.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Check/call, bet/fold, check/fold?

Final Pot: 8.75 BB

ill post some more hands later. thoughts?
Old 10-03-2005, 05:36 PM

Default Re: i hate multi hand posts too

Hand 1 I raise the flop.
Find out where you are on the cheap street, plus you might get a fold and a free turn card.

Hand 2
meh. I play it the same. I don't wanna look for a fold cause the pot is decent sized.

Hand 3

Against someone isoraising alot, I like the cap and lead if they can fold.

That said, the way it went down...

River card is sick. I probably check/call, maybe check/fold. I defenitely check. I don't wanna get bluff raised, and that is a good bluff raising card.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
River card is sick. I probably check/call, maybe check/fold. I defenitely check. I don't wanna get bluff raised, and that is a good bluff raising card.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, my river bet was pretty retarded. i think check/fold is fine but im not sure.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, my river bet was pretty retarded. i think check/fold is fine but im not sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was it one of those where you click bet before the river card really registers in your mind?

Cause I hate when I do that.

-blake
Old 10-03-2005, 05:45 PM

I check/call for hand at the river, cringing for a check from your opponent. Personally I would call the bet, but expect to lose. I don't think thats hte optimal strategy, but that is the one I would take [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2005, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Was it one of those where you click bet before the river card really registers in your mind?

Cause I hate when I do that.

-blake

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, pretty much. i dont think he'd call the river with A high tho and im not beating anything else so i probably should check/call EVERY river but an A and check/fold an A. sound good?
Old 10-03-2005, 05:53 PM

you suck
Old 10-03-2005, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you suck

[/ QUOTE ]

unlike you i didnt lose 50K in this game [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2005, 05:59 PM

Hand 1: Since the villian likes to bet his draws a lot I like the turn raise better here. WIth a board this draw heavy you run the chance of getting three bet by a weaker hand which will put you in a tough spot on later streets. A raise on the flop isnt going to get a fold from any good draw however a turn raise might do just that. Although it is an expensive street you really find out where you are with a turn raise. Easy fold to a three bet.

Hand 2: I play it the same as well.

Hand 3. This is a close one between check call and check fold. It is really going to depend on the read I have on the player here.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:01 PM

Hand 1: I like the turn play if the BB would fire here on the turn with hearts or some other goofy draw, otherwise I'd just fold. I agree with Truth about the flop

Hand 2: I don't think you're giving up much by bet/folding the turn. Worst case scenario he's pushing you off a chop.

Hand 3: I'm checking and folding the A. I think you should check/call a Q,J,T river and bet anything else.