Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2005, 08:12 PM

Default Matusow Interview on Cardplayer

Did anyone see how fast "The Mouth" muted himself when asked how much of himself he sold. I think that was the first time that I ever saw him speechless. No wonder he says that he only cares about the bracelet and not the money. The bracelet is probably all he has to show for his efforts.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:30 PM

Default Re: Matusow Interview on Cardplayer

I know Mike personally and know exactly what percentage he got. Let's just say it was more than 0% and less than 100%. Why am I not saying how much? For exactly the same reason most people do...NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. How many people do you know will discuss their financial situation with the general public? As public as Daniel is with his blog, I have yet to see him post how much he makes at the Wynn or how much he makes from all the endorsements he's getting. Maybe instead of making your own conclusions, you should take what Mike said or didn't say at face value...which is "I'm not discussing it"
Old 07-17-2005, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know Mike personally and know exactly what percentage he got. Let's just say it was more than 0% and less than 100%. Why am I not saying how much? For exactly the same reason most people do...NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. How many people do you know will discuss their financial situation with the general public? As public as Daniel is with his blog, I have yet to see him post how much he makes at the Wynn or how much he makes from all the endorsements he's getting. Maybe instead of making your own conclusions, you should take what Mike said or didn't say at face value...which is "I'm not discussing it"

[/ QUOTE ]

This forum is basically for gossiping about WSOP players and arguing whether or not they suck for X reason. So, in that way...it is his business.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:55 PM

Of course it is not my business. I just like being an obnoxious rumor mongerer under the anonymity if the internet.

Meow
Old 07-17-2005, 09:00 PM

Alright, who peed in your sandbox this morning? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

When they were down to about 100 players, Mike very loudly asked Johnny Grooms how much next one out paid. When Johnny said (about) 75K Mike announced that it wasnt enough to get him out of make up yet. "72nd gets me out of make-up"

Tuco.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I nominate this for the most useless post of the year. Other than the purpose of dropping a name, what was your goal in posting this? Did the OP come nock on your door and ask you this question? If your goal is to protect Mikes privacy, the best method is to not say anything. Real nice...
Old 07-18-2005, 12:25 AM

On the Cardplayer broadcast Todd Brunson was talking just after Matusow's bust out hand. Brunson said "I feel sick that hand just cost me $2 Million." Jen Harmon and I believe Daniel were trying to cover up saying stuff like "Mike would lose the money to Todd in cash games."

Than Brunson said something like, "I'm going to go throw up." and left. 1st place paid 7.5 mil 9th place 1 mil. I'd say Todd Brunson had roughly 1/3 of Matusow. Obviously speculation and no idea who had the rest of him.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:28 AM

Why would she need to cover something up that Bruson said for everyone to hear. Its not like Todd has shyed away from saying controversial things and its not like Jen needs to cover up for such a jackass.
Old 07-18-2005, 01:26 AM

shes covering up for the sake of matusow not for the sake of brunson. i think matusow's fame and endorsements are greatly improved if everyone actually believes that he has a million to his name rather than just a bag of weed.