Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2004, 03:23 PM

Default Re: King high flush...

The free card would be nice if desired but it's a good value raise as well. You're 2:1 to make your flush by the river plus you have an overcard and a lot of opponents.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The free card would be nice if desired but it's a good value raise as well. You're 2:1 to make your flush by the river plus you have an overcard and a lot of opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you consider the flush draw and the overcard, I do have 12 outs, which sure sounds good. However, the flush draw is not the nut flush, and the overcard that could give me top pair has a poor kicker and I have a lot of opponents, any of which could have KQ, KJ, KT or K9, all giving top/middle pair, straight and/or overcard possibilities and reason to stay in the hand. I guess I'm not really sure when a value bet is justified.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
However, the flush draw is not the nut flush

[/ QUOTE ]
No. It's the 2nd nut flush...A very strong draw.

The K outs are not worth a lot compared to the flush draw but certainly are worth some.

If you always raised a flush draw in this situation (even 23s) you would increase your overall expectation compared to always just calling. So as a general rule until you get a better understanding I would recommend leaning towards aggression.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:37 AM

Thanks for your help Chief.

One more question: Would you value bet a flush draw if the board paired on the flop or turn, or just call then?
Old 08-10-2004, 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One more question: Would you value bet a flush draw if the board paired on the flop or turn, or just call then?

[/ QUOTE ]
It depends. If the flop is something like QQT then probably not. If it is 227 then usually I would. You need to generally consider how likely it is that the flop hit your opponents. A pretty vague answer but hopefully it gives you some idea. The best thing to do is keep posting similar hands to get a better feel.