Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2005, 04:59 PM

Default Re: What winning % should I expect at heads-up SNG??

nice 2+2 handle [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-13-2005, 02:16 PM

Thanks for all the posts... Especially the longer detailed ones... I have now played close to 100 HU matches and my win percentage is about 61%, which seems O.K... I have had problems closing out matches and I think a small adjustment may up my win percentage back up to the 66% range in the long run...
Old 06-13-2005, 02:39 PM

I suspect one's win percentage on stars at higher levels would have a hard time exceeding 56-57%. btw one interesting thing you might want to know is that you can ask pokerstars for a complete summary of every single 1k headsup match that was played in the last few months. I did this like a year ago and basically got the stats of every player at the 1k headsup matches (I had a lot of time on my hands back then). Almost no one had a win rate of above 56-58% over 200 or more matches.
Old 06-13-2005, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
btw one interesting thing you might want to know is that you can ask pokerstars for a complete summary of every single 1k headsup match that was played in the last few months.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, this IS interesting. I wonder what kinds of other "unpublished" interesting information you can ask and get from pokerstars, or other sites for that matter?
Old 06-13-2005, 03:12 PM

I'm not sure if they would do so anymore. I got the entire results of every single multi for a 6 month period and found the results interesting at the time (some players who were thought of as big winners were basically break even or down money after like 500-1000 multis.)
Old 06-13-2005, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I suspect one's win percentage on stars at higher levels would have a hard time exceeding 56-57%. btw one interesting thing you might want to know is that you can ask pokerstars for a complete summary of every single 1k headsup match that was played in the last few months. I did this like a year ago and basically got the stats of every player at the 1k headsup matches (I had a lot of time on my hands back then). Almost no one had a win rate of above 56-58% over 200 or more matches.

[/ QUOTE ]

-

That's an interesting statistic (the 56%-57%range)... I wonder if the same holds true at other sites?

-
Old 06-16-2005, 03:23 PM

win rate at the higher levels, 210, 520, 1030, 5100, etc, can be upwards of 60%. i have recently started playing quite a few heads up sngs, and there are 520s and 210s getting off the ground ALL the time. even the 5ks are running pretty much around the clock.

i dont think a 10% return would be TOO much of a stretch, especially at the 210s. there are PLENTY of donks ready and willing to donate to the cause. very few people have an adequate understanding of proper heads up play, and that translates into a lot of free money for you, the better player.

holla
Old 06-13-2005, 02:19 PM

do you play on full tilt? NL heads up games there were pretty weak. I only played about 20. I played some 20s, some 50s, and some 10s.
Old 06-13-2005, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
do you play on full tilt? NL heads up games there were pretty weak. I only played about 20. I played some 20s, some 50s, and some 10s.

[/ QUOTE ]

-

No, I've been playing at UB because the rake is favorable.. What is the rake at FT??? Can you work off any deposit bonus money playing those Heads-UP tournament games at Full Tilt? I have never played there...

-
Old 06-16-2005, 02:28 PM

I have now played 200+ heads-up sng's at $10 and my win rate is 58.5%... I think I can maintain that win percentage and I'll probably move up to $20 once I build my bankroll up... Thanks again for for all the detailed posts... Any more would also be welcomed...