Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2005, 11:49 AM

Default Two pair: should I have slowed down earlier?

Button is 14/10/4.2 through 77 hands

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (11.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (13.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 13.75 BB

Was I too aggressive with this one?
Old 05-16-2005, 11:58 AM

Default Re: Two pair: should I have slowed down earlier?

Based on this read and his cap aginst u, id put him on a AA, JJ or AK-Js,. I think that im folding on the turn to his raise though, as 3/5 hands i would put him on are beating me and only 1 were beating. I do find it hard to fold aces up though.
Old 05-16-2005, 12:09 PM

He's very tight PF and sure is playing it like a set. I think I'd check and call down starting at the turn when he caps the flop.

As you played it, I'd like to think I'd fold when he raises the turn...but lately I'm having trouble folding the nut no pair so...
Old 05-16-2005, 12:11 PM

I'd play the same.
Old 05-16-2005, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Based on this read and his cap aginst u, id put him on a AA, JJ or AK-Js,. I think that im folding on the turn to his raise though, as 3/5 hands i would put him on are beating me and only 1 were beating. I do find it hard to fold aces up though.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think folding the turn here is a bad idea.

I'd probably check/call the turn and river, though.
Old 05-16-2005, 12:46 PM

I like the 3bet on the flop. I wouldn't put him on a set, with that read KK QQ AhKh would raise this flop and faced with your 3bet, capping wouldnt seem horrible (he may have you on AQ AT, may think he can get you to fold the turn)

Whatever you have him on, the turn is bad news. The pot is big enough that you're not folding, check/call the turn and river seems the best of a bad situation.