Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2005, 06:39 AM

Default Getting a dealer gig in Chicago area?

Someone was kind anough to point me over here that some of you may be willing to help me out.

How would I go about getting a job as a dealer in Chicago area - preferably Elgin/Aurora/Joliet?

Up front, I have no experience, but this is something I think I might find enjoyable as a "real" job. I do understand it may involve weeks of dealers school. I'm ok with that.

Is there perhaps an "in" I could get from someone here, maybe a name drop or right person to speak with?

Any help would be appreicated.

Thanks much,
JB
Old 09-22-2005, 07:30 AM

Default Re: Getting a dealer gig in Chicago area?

[ QUOTE ]
Someone was kind anough to point me over here that some of you may be willing to help me out.

How would I go about getting a job as a dealer in Chicago area - preferably Elgin/Aurora/Joliet?

Up front, I have no experience, but this is something I think I might find enjoyable as a "real" job. I do understand it may involve weeks of dealers school. I'm ok with that.

Is there perhaps an "in" I could get from someone here, maybe a name drop or right person to speak with?

Any help would be appreicated.

Thanks much,
JB

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi JB,

I"m a dealer at the Trump in Gary, and I know it's not aurora/elgin/joliet, but we have a decent poker room. they are actually in the process of group interviews this week for a new poker dealer school starting very soon. if your interested you can call 1 888 21 TRUMP or visit trumpindiana.com to see if it's not too late.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:46 PM

Hey, JO, can I ask you a question also. Is it possible to deal part time at Trump, or do they really only want full time dealers. I ask because I'd be interested in dealer, say, weekend or occasional evenings, but I'm not looking for a career change. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Is there any particular person one would talk to there about this dealer's school?

Thanks,

T
Old 09-22-2005, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey, JO, can I ask you a question also. Is it possible to deal part time at Trump, or do they really only want full time dealers. I ask because I'd be interested in dealer, say, weekend or occasional evenings, but I'm not looking for a career change. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Is there any particular person one would talk to there about this dealer's school?

Thanks,

T

[/ QUOTE ]

HI T,

Trump does hire part time dealers. they mostly work weekends and/or Tourney nights. You can call the poker room and ask one of the supervisors if it's not too late to sign up for the dealer school.

Thanks
J
Old 09-22-2005, 09:41 PM

I spoke with someone at Trump in the HR department. She said no one more being brought on for now; they did hire some people earlier this week though. O well.