Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 04:46 PM

Default Re: Antique Guns

If that's the situation then you should be fine. I just get sickened when I read a story of how Joe Random asks a gun shop how much a firearm is worth & is told "I'll give you $300 for it" when it's really worth $2,000.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If that's the situation then you should be fine. I just get sickened when I read a story of how Joe Random asks a gun shop how much a firearm is worth & is told "I'll give you $300 for it" when it's really worth $2,000.

[/ QUOTE ]

im not takin it to RESALE it...when i buy older things or guns they are for personal use...but i didnt want to give a "gun collector" something that is not up to thier standards when its not an area i know a ton of about...this is the purpose
Old 11-15-2005, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

im not takin it to RESALE it...when i buy older things or guns they are for personal use...but i didnt want to give a "gun collector" something that is not up to thier standards when its not an area i know a ton of about...this is the purpose

[/ QUOTE ]

You are worried about insulting the guy that's going to clean and appraise the guns?

Also, resale isn't a verb.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are worried about insulting the guy that's going to clean and appraise the guns?

Also, resale isn't a verb.

[/ QUOTE ]

god...can u ever read anything i post right??

im TAKING them to an apprasier and cleaner so that i can give them as GIFTS to a gun collector - thus I am taking them there to make sure they are up to a "collectors" standards
Old 11-15-2005, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I just need clarification. I thought about that, but you are getting them appraised anyway so I was like why would she even need to post here.

Still, thanks for showing us pics of the old guns. Yaaayy show and tell time!!! I love gun pics! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2005, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I just need clarification. I thought about that, but you are getting them appraised anyway so I was like why would she even need to post here.

Still, thanks for showing us pics of the old guns. Yaaayy show and tell time!!! I love gun pics! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

they are crap pictures...they dont show the detail enough or do them justice [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

maybe when i get them cleaned and do the right lightening itll look better