Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2005, 02:05 AM

Default Re: WSOP last night and Sam Farha

[ QUOTE ]
Sammy's plays may seem amazing, but honestly, he's a fish in the "big game". Unless it's Omaha, he usually is pissed off and tries to weasel out of playing Holdem or get them to add more Omaha to the lineup, lol. Not to mention, he's one of the biggest stuck on himself a$$holes I've ever met.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love how being a "fish in the big game" is some kind of indictment.. even though there's only a handful of players who could even dream of SITTING in the game.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:32 PM

Default Re: WSOP last night and Sam Farha

[ QUOTE ]

I think there is a problem with this statement. If the reason for Farha's call is implied odds if he hits his set, then implicit in the rationale for calling is that the guy will lose his whole stack with AA. You can't have it both ways, though---Farha couldn't call hoping to bet him off the bigger pair, if the very reason the call with 33 is marginally profitable is because the guy will give you his whole 10G stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is backward. If the guy won't give you his stack with AA when you hit the set, then he can fold when you don't hit the set, meaning he folds the best hand.

-g