Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2005, 10:52 AM

Default Freeroll late stages ace-rag hand

Last night playing in a freeroll in Savannah, GA. Approx. 100 players started, down to three tables. 8 players at my table. Villian has about 8BB in chips, limps from UTG+1. I complete my small blind with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I check, Big blind checks. Flop comes A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. BB checks, Villain bets 3BB. I imagine she has an ace-rag hand. Figuring I'm outkicked, I fold. BB calls, checked to the river where Villain turns over A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. River is the 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Was my fold correct?
Old 08-10-2005, 10:55 AM

Default Re: Freeroll late stages ace-rag hand

no idea what your stack size is...but in general late in a tourney when all you have is 8-10 BB's, if you are going to play a hand, it should be for a push. In that event, I would have folded or pushed from the SB...I would not have completed. As you played it, I would have open pushed on the flop. That late in a tourney I would figure someone with a stack as short as the villains in this hand would be pushing any ace....since they didn't, i'd figure my ace was good.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:57 AM

Sorry. I forgot about that. I had about 16BB in chips.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:14 AM

you might get better answers in the tourney section.....my take is that your read was right on, you made the correct play based on that, then saw your 3 outer hit the river and am now questioning your decision. If the river was a 2, do you second quess yourself? dont be so results orriented, pat yourself on the back for laying down a hand that many wouldnt have.

GL