Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2005, 06:52 AM

Default Re: Got knocked out following HOH advice

In HOH 2, Structured Hand Analysis, the senario he has is almost EXACTLY the same situation the poster was in. around M=7, but in this senario 2 from button so 4 to act. W/2 tight opponents, One semi loose & the other loose (Harrington's opinion) 10 8 off is go enough to go all in!!
So I would think KQs is even higher EV cause it has a better chance of winning than 10 8.
Still trying to get a real good grip on Orange & red play, but if u always wait until red b4 u go all in b4 the flop w/any hand then I think u r MUCH MORE likely to get called w/weaker hands because they KNOW ur desperate. I'm thinking that if ur doing this in Orange, then less players will think ur making a move & u'll sucessfully steal blinds more often. Also, if you get called & get lucky (if need b) then you now have 15+ M which gives u a lot more freedom.

That's my 2 cents worth. (true value probably .5 cents)
Old 09-10-2005, 03:21 AM

Im quite sure that almost the same hand example was NOT included in HOH2. It's absurd to move allin with T8o 2 off the button with slightly over 10x the BB in a no ante structure.
Old 09-10-2005, 03:31 AM

Open pushing with junk is for when you are really short stacked or from the SB. You generally don't push with junk with an M of 6.