Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2005, 08:04 PM

Default Re: Profitability of calling large raises with small pocket pairs?

oh, and with a 25 BB raise, the pot is only 50 BBs on the flop. you doing some addition wrong or something?
Old 12-10-2005, 08:05 PM

You know the only incentive to play any hand PF except AA is blinds? So when you talk on a structure of raising that discludes blinds you have to understand you aren't losing ANYTHING folding PF.

Other than image why don't you [censored] call every PF raise with rags (since your so good at postflop play)...
Old 12-10-2005, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
oh, and with a 25 BB raise, the pot is only 50 BBs on the flop. you doing some addition wrong or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, i'm trying to post and six table at the same time...
Old 12-10-2005, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You know the only incentive to play any hand PF except AA is blinds? So when you talk on a structure of raising that discludes blinds you have to understand you aren't losing ANYTHING folding PF.

Other than image why don't you [censored] call every PF raise with rags (since your so good at postflop play)...

[/ QUOTE ]

because a set is strong, well-disguised, and the "incentive" to call any hand pf besides AA (lol) is that i can win the other guys money because our opponents are worse than us

so with a structure w/o blinds, youre saying fold every hand but AA pre-flop? whats your strategy then, just get AA and push pre-flop? yeah, i think ill fold 22 when you do that.

now what happens if you raise and i call? flop comes 973, you bet, i raise, are you folding AA cause its not the nuts anymore? what if im bluffing? this, my friend, is called post-flop play

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-10-2005, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

because a set is strong, well-disguised, and the "incentive" to call any hand pf besides AA (lol) is that i can win the other guys money because our opponents are worse than us

so with a structure w/o blinds, youre saying fold every hand but AA pre-flop? whats your strategy then, just get AA and push pre-flop? yeah, i think ill fold 22 when you do that.

now what happens if you raise and i call? flop comes 973, you bet, i raise, are you folding AA cause its not the nuts anymore? what if im bluffing? this, my friend, is called post-flop play

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're assuming your playing an opponent that is worse than you. Even bad players are capable of picking off poorly timed bluffs.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You're assuming your playing an opponent that is worse than you. Even bad players are capable of picking off poorly timed bluffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm is it that reasonable to assume my opponents are worse than me? if they werent, i probably wouldnt be playing

poorly timed bluffs? hey, what about well timed bluffs? what about the times they try to pick off my "poorly timed" bluffs, they turn out to be sets? hmm?
Old 12-10-2005, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This reminded me of a hand I played yesterday. I raised to 12 with JJ with a deep stack and got called two ways.

Flop came down j 3 8 rainbow. All of us went all in, someone showed 33 and someone showed 88 for a massive pot. You guys are brushing off reverse implied odds like they are nothing. He's less likely to get stacked by your set with an overpair or a pair, than you are with your lower set to his higher should they both hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

You, my friend, were very very lucky to have this happen to you.