Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2005, 11:17 AM

Default STTFHUC - Live Auction Calcutta

Any commnets on whether, or not, I should "close" the Live Auction Calcutta prior to the last moment.....One big "Pro" is by closing early it gives non-attendees a chance at owning one of the players.....The big "Con" is that by leaving it open until last moment it will generate a much larger pool due to alcohol, broads, showing-off, smackmouth nonsense (yes, that's you Dali I'm talkin' about) and last minute changes in lineup.

Comments?
Old 08-05-2005, 12:59 PM

Default Re: STTFHUC - Live Auction Calcutta

From the looks of it, there aren't any non-attendees willing to wager several hundred or more dollars on this thing... so you might as well use the internet bids as a starting point, and run a live auction for the hour before the tournament starts. Then you can close the Calcutta and we can start the tournament a few minutes later.

Irieguy
Old 08-05-2005, 01:18 PM

i have no idea what you're talking about can you post a link

=\
Old 08-05-2005, 03:57 PM

looks like there is only one none attendee, might as well just pm him and see how serius he is. you could always get his phone number and allow him to bid up to the end that way if he really wants too. i would trust that person to be good for it.

Steve
Old 08-05-2005, 04:16 PM

There has to be a way for non-attendees to have a chance to put a last minute bid in, it isn't fair otherwise. If this means you have to close it early so be it, otherwise we need to get a way for anyone interested to be able to have a shot, maybe the bids could continue to be placed online even though most of us are in vegas.

As far as I know TTIU's bid is serious so you should certaintly ask him first if you plan on doing this.
Old 08-05-2005, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There has to be a way for non-attendees to have a chance to put a last minute bid in, it isn't fair otherwise. If this means you have to close it early so be it, otherwise we need to get a way for anyone interested to be able to have a shot, maybe the bids could continue to be placed online even though most of us are in vegas.

As far as I know TTIU's bid is serious so you should certaintly ask him first if you plan on doing this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Apathy is totally right on here. This thing needs to keep online (accepting bids) otherwise it could really screw a bunch of people. I'm sure at least one person will have a laptop in the event room, so last minute action by the players can just be filed at the website online. Why don't you plan on closing it 30 minutes before the event starts?

--Z
Old 08-05-2005, 06:13 PM

Why don't you eat your own poop then stab someone [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2005, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why don't you eat your own poop then stab someone [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this line for the hand being discussed. Bold, strong, straight to the point. Surely the villian will pay off this bet?