Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2005, 03:45 AM

Default QQ heads up, heavy action on the turn

Online $5/$10, 10 handed.

Folded to me in the cutoff, I raise with Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Button calls, blinds fold.

The flop comes 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

I bet, button calls.

The turn comes 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

I bet, button raises, I reraise, button caps.

My action and plan for the rest of the hand?

Edited to include a read: the button here is solid and agressive. I probably have a weak-tight image as I have not been hitting at all.
Old 11-24-2005, 03:48 AM

Default Re: QQ heads up, heavy action on the turn

I would check/call river, although a read on Button would be nice. I lot of people cc with any pps, and the way Button played, it looks like he flopped a set and decided to pop it on the turn. However, I'd call because the pot is big and maybe, just maybe he's getting REALLY frisky with like the A( of diamonds. Hopefully.
Old 11-24-2005, 03:52 AM

I'd just call the turn raise and bet/call a non-flush-making river. Three-betting the turn only gets you capped by a better hand, and will fold out hands you have crushed. QQ is a hand you want to showdown heads up, so don't find ways to make it expensive if you're behind.
Old 11-24-2005, 05:23 AM

I usually play at lower limits so my comments might not be applicable but i find that people play sets just like that. He might have slowplayed KK or AA PF but that would first of all be stupid since it's giving the BB great odds so he might have called with a middle pair and hit a set on you.

I like the line of the previous poster that calling the raise on the turn and then c/c might be best in the long run against a strong player...