Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-28-2005, 10:01 PM

Default Re: A Rebuy ? for Math Majors

[ QUOTE ]
The point is, this is not an either/or situation. You can do both. If you pass up rebuying today, then you are throwing away $8 of EV (compared to rebuying today, and also entering tomorrow's tournament).

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, i think i got off sounded like it was a strategy post, and it's completly not, Theres no reason to pass up the $8, i agree. I was just kinda surprised when i realized that it wouldn't be the absolute best way to spend your money.
--

And again with the ROI/EV thing, it's not like division/subtraction it's like inches/feet. They both measure your value in a tournament, And to convert to one or the other you just devide/multiply by the buyin of the tournament.

While i see what you're saying, adn i back down a bit from arguing, they're still pretty much the same thing. Also, it has no effect on my main argument.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:54 PM

Default Re: A Rebuy ? for Math Majors

Building a stack does not guarantee getting you to the money in a rebuy. Getting to the bubble is a four hour ordeal. By that time the blinds are 1500/3000 plus antes. What determines how you do in rebuys is how you play for the next 3 hours after the rebuy period. If I have 5000K chips at then end of the first hour, I can make the money by playing good and finish ahead of the bad players who accumulate chips to make up for how bad they will play after the rebuy period. I loosen up a little during the rebuy, but not too much. I maximize my return by doubling against loose players in the first hour and not having to pay more than the original buyin plus a rebuy and add on. Of course sometimes I lose and need to rebuy, but I don't just push on every hand. I don't need a formula for this.