Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 11-27-2005, 07:01 PM

Default Flopped a boat out of position in multi-way pot

10+1 Deep Stacks

It's clear that BB likes his hand, and if I were heads up with him I'd be playing more aggressively, but with another player behind me, I thought it might be better to encourage him to draw. How's my line?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (9 handed) converter

MP3 (t12040)
CO (t25835)
Button (t45260)
SB (t17367)
BB (t19234)
UTG (t45775)
Hero (t35341)
MP1 (t17984)
MP2 (t28080)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls t400, Hero calls t400, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls t400, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t2000) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets t800</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls t800, Button folds, SB calls t800.

Turn: (t4400) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets t1200</font>, Hero calls t1200, SB calls t1200.

River: (t8000) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets t3200</font>, Hero calls t3200, SB folds.

Final Pot: t14400
Old 11-27-2005, 07:03 PM

Default Re: Flopped a boat out of position in multi-way pot

raise turn, you can probaly get it allin

but god atleast raise river
Old 11-27-2005, 07:05 PM

agreed, please raise turn
Old 11-27-2005, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or since you seem to still be greedy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] and want the SB to come along, go ahead and call the turn, But just flat calling the river seems to be something that either the overly greedy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] or the donkey do. Since you are definately not of the second group, i can only assume that your eyeballs were replaced by dollar signs mid-hand and you were hoping the SB would raise to try to steal....doesn't usually happen unless I'm the small blind, in which case i raise all-in and gladly hand you my chips.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:35 PM

ya too passive.. I did this too yesterday with a low full house and then regretted the weak-tightish play.. raise turn, or raise river, either I think is good.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, what are we trying to accomplish by raising the turn? Hoping BB will come over the top? Do we expect a call/push from the other guy, or should we just write him off and plan to maximize profit from BB? Why is this necessarily more profitable than keeping him in the hand and hoping he hits a draw? Or do you not think he's drawing?
Old 11-27-2005, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, what are we trying to accomplish by raising the turn? Hoping BB will come over the top? Do we expect a call/push from the other guy, or should we just write him off and plan to maximize profit from BB? Why is this necessarily more profitable than keeping him in the hand and hoping he hits a draw? Or do you not think he's drawing?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mind a turn call. A river raise is a must here, though.
Old 11-27-2005, 09:35 PM

yea..i dont mind too much calling on turn..if BB has overpair, ace scares him..but you have to be thinking of raising the RIVER..

Brian
Old 11-27-2005, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-27-2005, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]