Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 11-27-2005, 02:18 AM

Default Re: \"Putting your tourney life on the line\" is the new \"AK is a drawin

[ QUOTE ]
2000+ hands
1500+ hands

[/ QUOTE ]

Add a zero to both of those and your results will probably, but not necessarily, matter
Old 11-27-2005, 02:21 AM

Default Re: \"Putting your tourney life on the line\" is the new \"AK is a drawin

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2000+ hands
1500+ hands

[/ QUOTE ]

Add a zero to both of those and your results will probably, but not necessarily, matter

[/ QUOTE ]

Put a one and two zeroes in front of that and we've got a deal.

Guy who I made fun of- Sorry, man. I didn't read your post in full.
Old 11-27-2005, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but isnt the whole point of these AK discussions whether its plus+ ev to call with AK and then go to the river with it?? so tell me how being a good player has anything whatsoever to do with it. you have AK your opponent has ?/? you both pull the trigger and the results come out...in those situations i have lost A LOT more than i have won.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are probably over playing it on deep money preflop.

You may not be skilled at recognising when to call a preflop allin with AK, and when to fold.

You may have just ran really bad.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:05 AM

Default Re: \"Putting your tourney life on the line\" is the new \"AK is a drawing ha

I can't believe I'm even taking the time to post on this subject, but here goes...

The most common pattern for poker hands (more so in limit than in no-limit, but common there, too) is where one guy has the better hand (the "made hand") and the other guy has the hand that needs some help (the "drawing hand"). Whether AK is the "made hand" or the "drawing hand" purely depends on what your opponent has. If he has AJ, AK is a made hand. You don't need to hit anything to beat him. He's drawing. If your opponent has 44, AK is a "drawing hand," but only for that hand. The very next hand you could be up against AQ and AK wouldn't be a drawing hand.

Poker is a game of incomplete information. AK isn't completely a drawing hand, but it isn't completely not one.

And to my opponents... Keep folding it.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:06 AM

Default Re: \"Putting your tourney life on the line\" is the new \"AK is a drawing ha

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Again, I considered AKs here instead of AKo, because AKo is even farther behind a pocket pair. 5% might not seem like a great deal to be behind a pair of twos, but that means that out of 100 pre flop all ins, AKo wins 47; 22 wins 53. With queens its 43:57. Which would you prefer? I'd rather be slightly ahead than slightly behind.

Will

[/ QUOTE ]I think I just played a hand against this guy:

Seat 1: tejas66 (1380 in chips)
Seat 2: River Guide (3280 in chips)
Seat 3: jcm4ccc (1420 in chips)
Seat 4: esmaret (4480 in chips)
Seat 5: sananto (1170 in chips)
Seat 6: MEMIKET (870 in chips)
Seat 7: Rob 1973 (2200 in chips)
Seat 8: BiggieRay (3610 in chips)
sananto: posts small blind 10
MEMIKET: posts big blind 20

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to jcm4ccc As Ad]
Rob 1973: calls 20
BiggieRay: folds
tejas66: folds
River Guide: folds
jcm4ccc: raises 60 to 80
esmaret: folds
sananto: folds
MEMIKET: raises 60 to 140
Rob 1973: calls 120
jcm4ccc: raises 260 to 400
MEMIKET: raises 260 to 660
Rob 1973: folds
jcm4ccc: raises 760 to 1420 and is all-in
MEMIKET: calls 210 and is all-in
*** FLOP *** [8d Jd Qc]
*** TURN *** [8d Jd Qc] [4h]
*** RIVER *** [8d Jd Qc 4h] [5s]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
MEMIKET: shows [3c 3d] (a pair of Threes)
jcm4ccc: shows [As Ad] (a pair of Aces)
jcm4ccc collected 1890 from pot

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, that wasn't me. I would have folded the 3s. However, I'm guessing that if you were holding AKs and the other guy was holding AA, you would have called and lost (I'm not saying that I wouldn't have called). Oh, and your example doesn't work because AKs is actually farther behind AA than 33 is. You would be better off with the 33 than AKs here.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nope, that wasn't me. I would have folded the 3s. However, I'm guessing that if you were holding AKs and the other guy was holding AA, you would have called and lost (I'm not saying that I wouldn't have called). Oh, and your example doesn't work because AKs is actually farther behind AA than 33 is. You would be better off with the 33 than AKs here.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, because he would most likely have lost exactly 140 with both hands.

Seriously, stop now, you're making it worse.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're kinda missing the point, too...ego or no ego (and I won't argue that I've got one), if this thread grows to a couple of pages, two things will happen:

1)it will hopefully go away
2)a bunch of people will learn something

I don't post threads because I want people to worship me or anything, dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

To quote Donald Trump:

Show me a man with no ego and i'll show you a BIG LOSER.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe I'm even taking the time to post on this subject, but here goes...

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe anybody would ever start a post like this. Thank you poker god for posting. All should hail you.

[ QUOTE ]
To quote Donald Trump:

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no ego and I think I scrape by but overall i will become a loser which inturn will make me happy.
Old 11-27-2005, 09:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This says more about trump than it does about anything else. The quote is the biggest load of bollocks I've read, but can understand why people like Trump would think that.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This says more about trump than it does about anything else. The quote is the biggest load of bollocks I've read, but can understand why people like Trump would think that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, as its from Trump it should be taken as such.

But I think there is a ton of merit there. People show 'ego' in different ways. It isn't always by brandishing their e-penis at every opportunity. Though IMO a healthy dose of it is an asset in many ways.