Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 07-19-2005, 01:48 PM

Default Re: TT $22 level 3. I think I hate all 4 decisions I made.

Preflop-
Thats a pretty weak raise from the villain, from your comments it sounds like hes kind of loose and willing to mix it up a bit. Your probably a favorite with TT, calling isnt too bad but a re-raise will let you know where you stand for the rest of the hand.

Flop-
As soon as he checks that flop im pushing all-in.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:52 PM

Why would you push the flop when you got a full house? I've never understood the concept of going all in with this good of a hand, you arent getting paid off if you play like that and thats the reason you play hands like this is to get paid off.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:54 PM

Thats terrible. Do you slow play anything? Just quads and up?

Another reason to raise this turn is the FD. Sometimes you want to raise him to get money out of him drawing at the flush, even if you aren't afraid of him hitting it. If you continue to slowplay and he misses it, you missed a bet. Charging him to draw at it gets money in the pot and doesn't change the fact that hes all in if he hits.

And that A puts a straight on the board too. That A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] is really your dream card here.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:55 PM

Based on your read, I might bet out on the flop for half the pot or so. Otherwise, I'd probably play it the same way.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I played this hand like a donkey pretty much the whole way.

[/ QUOTE ]

How so? You got all the chips in. I think you played it fine.

Preflop: You have position, so a call isn't terrible if you think you can play well post flop.
Flop: Well you flopped a full house. Maybe if I check behind he'll put me on AQ or AJ and bet the turn with.
Turn: OK I'm now behind to AK but if he has any big ace he'll probably get the chips in. Hm, he just 3 bet me. Well he could be a donkey with AQ and the pot is big so I have to call.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:00 PM

does anybody else make maybe a half-pot or 3/4-pot bet on the flop, with position? i think in the spur of the hand i'd probably check behind but i'd at least like to talk about throwing some chips out on the flop. if the donk is willing to throw his stack away with a gutshot, he might be willing to call with some sort of draw there.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:02 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
you arent getting paid off if you play like that and thats the reason you play hands like this is to get paid off.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I may ask, what hands are going to pay off that haven't already hit somehow? If an A going to double me up if it hits on the turn?
Old 07-19-2005, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If I may ask, what hands are going to pay off that haven't already hit somehow? If an A going to double me up if it hits on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's slowplaying a King he's drawing to four outs. If he has a pocket pair and doesn't bet this flop he's an idiot. So basically you check to give "no pair" a chance to catch up a little bit.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:11 PM

Im pushing against this particular villain based on the info provided. Sounds like this villain is willing to gamble. We know that hes willing to draw out without the correct odds. Lets consider his range of hands

AA-QQ- People have a hard time letting go of AA, especially if they are on the loose side. If he's got KK, were screwed but that wont happen that often. The ladies he might drop against our all in.
Ak- Holding this he probably calls and we have a very good chance of busting him.
KQ- Same
Kj- He might possibly call unless hes second guessing his kicker.
K10- Were screwed if hes got this one too.

So chances are that if he is calling our all in we have him trapped and were taking his chips. If he has a weak holding you win on the spot if he lets it go.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:13 PM

I really think pushing this flop is a waste of chips...noone in their right mind would call this with less than AA or KX, and people with these hands would pay you off much more often if you slow it.