Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2005, 11:02 AM

Default Re: Heads Up - What\'s My Turn/River Line Here?

Cool. Here's what happened. I called. The King [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] came on the river. He bet, I called.

He showed K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and won an $8.25 pot.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Cool. Here's what happened. I called. The King [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] came on the river. He bet, I called.

He showed K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and won an $8.25 pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ughh that sucks but hey now you have some idea what this guy donks with. FWIW he never and i mean never folds top pair to a turn raise. NH.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:50 AM

Raise the turn!!!!!!!!!

Think the chance u´re ahead is way too big to fold. But raising is much better than calling down. Heres why:

If u are behind a couple of things might happen: He can re-raise u. Then it´s an easy fold having only two outs(If he´s not a very aggresive player). That would cost u the same 2BB that calling down would. He can call u and check the river. Then u can choose a free showdown if u like(only if u think there´s a big chance u´re behind) again loosing 2BB. He can call u and bet the river. Then u may loose an extra bet.

But if you´re ahead raising has some big benefits. First u get value from your hand. Second, if he tries to bluff on this ragged board (as people often do) with a hand like KQ u might get him to fold. That would be a misstake since the pot lays 7.5-to-1 and his drawing odds are 6.7-to-1. Your hand is vulnerable, try to protect it.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise the turn!!!!!!!!!

Think the chance u´re ahead is way too big to fold. But raising is much better than calling down. Heres why:

If u are behind a couple of things might happen: He can re-raise u. Then it´s an easy fold having only two outs(If he´s not a very aggresive player). That would cost u the same 2BB that calling down would. He can call u and check the river. Then u can choose a free showdown if u like(only if u think there´s a big chance u´re behind) again loosing 2BB. He can call u and bet the river. Then u may loose an extra bet.

But if you´re ahead raising has some big benefits. First u get value from your hand. Second, if he tries to bluff on this ragged board (as people often do) with a hand like KQ u might get him to fold. That would be a misstake since the pot lays 7.5-to-1 and his drawing odds are 6.7-to-1. Your hand is vulnerable, try to protect it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this post. I just really really don't like to be called after I raise the turn and then get bet into on the river. That's hurting.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:37 PM

:grunch:

I would call it down. I think MP1 bet out his str draw on the flop and is now trying to bluff the trips while still on his draw.

Would anyone raise and fold to the reraise. It'd save a BB.

Edit: Nice, got my answer. I like it. Raise that turn! NH
Old 12-28-2005, 01:56 PM

I'm new to this forum, but had to put my $0.02 in here because I see this alot at 0.5/1 & 1/2 at Party.

Against a loose, erratic, unpredictable goofball I think the raise-fold line on the turn isn't good. PT stats can be really misleading for high VPIP loose players- I've seen PT numbers like 55/7/0.5 (50+hands) on players that play way more aggressive at very odd moments than the 0.5AF indicates. When I see people with >50%VP$IP I tend to discount the PT stats and trust my notes more.

If you raise, and are 3-bet you still don't really know if he has a monster hand, thinks you've got AK (they all think you have AK after a PFR) and are trying to bluff him, just had a shot of tequila and felt good, or just thought 3-betting you would be fun.

I'd call the donkbet on the turn, and call the river. The raise /fold to 3-bet "showdown on the turn" line is best saved for opponents who aren't as loose and unpredictable.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:01 PM

Also, from experience, this is a fairly rare occurence that you shouldn't really concern yourself about. I call and end up paying off every now and then, but that's perfectly fine.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, from experience, this is a fairly rare occurence that you shouldn't really concern yourself about. I call and end up paying off every now and then, but that's perfectly fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait - is that for being reraised on the turn or being called on the turn and bet into on the river? Or both?