Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 11-26-2005, 08:13 PM

Default \"Putting your tourney life on the line\" is the new \"AK is a drawing ha

nd" is the new "should I fold AA PF" is the new "this phrase makes Adanthar want to sacrifice kittens to the Blood God to make it go away"

Please discuss.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:17 PM

Default Re: \"Putting your tourney life on the line\" is the new \"AK is a drawin

...and people saying "Putting your tourney life on the line" is annoying is the new "I'm better than you".
Old 11-26-2005, 08:19 PM

Default Re: \"Putting your tourney life on the line\" is the new \"AK is a drawin

The fact that you can say that phrase and mean it means that I probably am, yes.

BTW, that last sentence is not meant to be sarcastic or demeaning, but if you don't get why that phrase is total nonsense, you are playing too weak tight.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:31 PM

You're missing the point.

Without getting into a big thing about this, I'm not arguing against the idea that "putting your tournament life on the line" is a cringe inducing phrase, I'm arguing that the biggest problem with 2+2 (which is nonetheless a great place) is not weak-tight statements, bad beat posts, two words answers or even blatant, immature flamers. The biggest problem is ego, so tone it down.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:34 PM

You're kinda missing the point, too...ego or no ego (and I won't argue that I've got one), if this thread grows to a couple of pages, two things will happen:

1)it will hopefully go away
2)a bunch of people will learn something

I don't post threads because I want people to worship me or anything, dude.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're kinda missing the point, too...ego or no ego (and I won't argue that I've got one), if this thread grows to a couple of pages, two things will happen:

1)it will hopefully go away
2)a bunch of people will learn something

I don't post threads because I want people to worship me or anything, dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

To quote Donald Trump:

Show me a man with no ego and i'll show you a BIG LOSER.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:34 PM

I really think you are pointing your finger in the wrong direction if you think adanthars ego is a problem on this board.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:17 PM

Default Re: \"Putting your tourney life on the line\" is the new \"AK is a drawing ha

OMG dont risk your tourney life on the 3rd hand!!!
Old 11-26-2005, 08:26 PM

Agreed.

edit: though, not total nonsense, it's founded in something.. or atleast i just connect it to the thing mason posted recently, like how your value doesnt' double w/ a double up.. or how doubling your chips isn't as + as getting knocked out is -.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:46 PM

Default Re: \"Putting your tourney life on the line\" is the new \"AK is a drawing ha

In backgammon players often do suboptimal plays, since they want to complicate the position, since they are better than the opponent and want to reduce the luck factor. But very often both players do such suboptimal plays since they think they are better than the opponent, making it absurd.

I think the "I am not putting the tourney life on the line" is the equivalent in poker. An arrogant overestimation of skill difference.