Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 02:23 AM

Default Crash course in Libertarian ideology

MMMMMM, a self-proclaimed Libertarian, has just locked up a thread started by DVaut1, in which an MMMMMM statement made on this board was challenged. So, one can no longer discuss matters with or concerning the resident cop without the danger of incurring the wrath of same. It's nice to know that the person you're holding a discussion with has a gun (ie the power to kill the discussion).

The thread was allowed to extent to one post -- the original post.

Wow.

This site is getting more educational by the day.
Old 09-06-2005, 02:47 AM

Default Re: Crash course in Libertarian ideology

As I said in the 'Leadership' thread, I don't think the locking of that thread was fair, given that MMMMMM has (on numerous threads now) said that he never claimed "racism is dead", despite the fact that he obviously said:

"If racism were as prevalent in this country today as you claim it to be, don't you think you or I or any other respected poster would have piped up with just ONE personally observed, serious, incident? That you couldn't do so, helps support my thesis that racism is for all practical effects and purposes, more or less dead in today's America."

Apparently it wasn't his thesis, just some rogue thesis that some other scurrilous poster fooled MMMMMM into thinking was actually his. I guess it's just more malicious misrepresentation and misquoting on behalf of the 2+2 peanut gallery, who are clearly intent on misquoting and mischaracterizing MMMMMM's arguments whenever possible.

By his standards, it seems like he should lock every new thread on the Iraq war, as discussion of the Iraq war exists in other threads.
Old 09-06-2005, 02:55 AM

I won't comment on the locking of that thread because I'm not familiar with the details, but MMMMM seems to be a pretty fair moderator in general. He has his ideas on how the forum should operate, but, as near as I can tell, he doesn't ban people for violating his rules.

I would prefer an unmoderated forum, but, as far as moderators go, MMMMM seems alright.
Old 09-06-2005, 03:03 AM

Default A Crash Course In Not Knowing What You\'re Talking About

Cyrus, the original thread was itself quite convoluted and difficult. The second thread took everything out of context; therefore, to try to explain everything ALL OVER AGAIN, and without benefit of proper context, would have been ridiculous.

Worse yet still, the second thread ADDED NOTHING. NO new ideas; just rehash and requests for explanations ALREADY PROVIDED. There was no new discussion or points made in the new thread by DVaut1. He just itemized things out of context and requested explanation, but those explanations had been provided at length in the first thread. In short, the second thread added NOTHING AT ALL.

The place for the second thread was in the first thread, where it now resides. Go and wade through that entire thread if you feel like some masochism today. But it is not fair to ask someone to explain everything ALL OVER AGAIN and out of context, when full explanations are to be found in the original thread, in proper context. Those explanations and discussions were taxing enough so I don't see a need to repeat it all just for the hell of it.

It's not like DVaut1 added ANYTHING to the second thread: it's just a rehash, and moreover, it's a rehash out of context which is designed to be a bit misleading in my opinion.

Well, you know where to find that post and thread. Have at it if you care to, but please read the whole damn thing before commenting.
Old 09-06-2005, 03:06 AM

can you [censored] retards please spare us your obsession with the moderator.
Old 09-06-2005, 03:19 AM

DVaut1, I addressed this too in the other thread, earlier.

Do you think it is fair to repeatedly request the SAME explanations from me, over and over again?

I believe I answered the point you just raised, and every other point too, in that same thread.

Is your purpose just to try to make me look bad, or to harass me?

Isn't explaining something ONCE enough for you? If you don't agree or accept my explanation, fine. I tried my best. But you can't just go on requesting the same explanations as if I never provided them.

If you don't believe me on something, like that I didn't at first realize someone had subtly misquoted me, FINE. As I said I don't much care if you don't believe me; it's enough for me to know that I answered genuinely at every turn. You said you found that hard to believe. FINE. But must you bring it up elsewhere so as to harass me? I can't be explaining myself in every thread just because you launch another attack, which is in fact just the same attack again, beginning to be repeated as nauseam.

This is starting to look like harassment. Unless you have something NEW to add, please stop repeating the same points elsewhere, which were answered already in that thread.
Old 09-06-2005, 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
can you [censored] retards please spare us your obsession with the moderator.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually this doesnt apply to cyrus, who while completely wrong on most issues is intelligent and entertaining which makes his post even worse.
Old 09-06-2005, 03:27 AM

Are you ignoring so many people that you only see and reply to your own posts now?
Old 09-06-2005, 05:49 AM

Default Operation Clean-Up has begun

[ QUOTE ]
this doesnt apply to cyrus, who while completely wrong on most issues is intelligent and entertaining which makes his post even worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Freedom means essentially freedom for those who think differently". -- Woman revolutionary, early 20th century.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is starting to look like harassment.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

Never not the victim, huh MMMMMM? Harassment? Can you say that with a straight face? My goodness. Harassment?!?!?

Whine, whine, whine, whine, whine...

You're just so persecuted.

I can only hope I get banned/officially reprimanded for merely quoting you, MMMMMM. I'd consider it an honor.
Closed Thread