Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2005, 09:15 AM

Default 17k checkup at 05/1 at party .. leak-finding..?

Do any of you experts have any suggestion as to which area of my game I should try and improve, based on some of my stats? I feel that I have been kind of on a lucky strike so far, so I'm preparing for the huge downswing..

Old 08-11-2005, 09:24 AM

Default Re: 17k checkup at 05/1 at party .. leak-finding..?

Your preflop raise is disgusting. You need to find more raises. More aggression would be nice too.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:27 AM

You're not raising nearly enough PF. I find that a PFR from somebody with your stats is always AA-JJ, AQs+ or AK. That's too narrow a range. The lowest reasonable PFR is ~7.5% and most players here are higher than that.

You're folding out of the BB somewhat too often.

You're not stealing anywhere near often enough. Most players are over 30% on that stat.

Your flop aggression is too low. It doesn't look like you raise the flop often enough.

Fold to a river bet = 55% is somewhat too high.

You need to ramp up the preflop aggression. Without looking at specific hands, that's the most obvious leak.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:44 AM

Well - 1st of all your 2.33BB/100 is great - except you are playing .5/1 which makes it pretty low (for a winning player).

Raise more preflop - you don't have to over do it but if you can get that up to the 7s that would help a LOT. One way to increase this is to always raise if 1ast in with your calling hands.

You are probebly folding to much - in those levels you have a lot of pot odds working in your favor. Calling hands pay off when you hit.

Your Aggression numbers are slightly low but nothing to be REAL concerned over. You don't want to be over aggressive. I think people lose money by being to aggressive. They push people with no hands out of pots - all those calling stations fold.

Try to steal the blinds more often. You don't have to be successfull THAT often to have it pay off. If the guy bets back at ya - back off but you'l never know unless you try.

Folding to a river bet is rather high - I bet you're getting bluffed out of a few pots!

One thing I notice that a lot of people do not talk about is when you break down your VPIP in each position. I like to see many more hands played the closer you get to the button and very few UTG.

I'm 20% in Late position but in Early Position I'm 10%, even 5 off the button I'm 12% but I'm 21% on the button - it works out to be the same VPIP but I like to know what is happening in the hand before I put more money in the pot.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One thing I notice that a lot of people do not talk about is when you break down your VPIP in each position. I like to see many more hands played the closer you get to the button and very few UTG.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true for raising as well, I raise 30-40% of the time it's folded to me on the button. Even when it's not folded to me if I have a good hand in the CO/MP3/MP2 I'll almost always raise 1 limper and 2 with strong hands.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:52 AM

Ok, thanks for all the advice! I'll try and be a bit (a lot..?) more aggressive preflop and on the flop.. I just tought I would also post my hands with the highest VPIP, to complement my other stats.. The one thing I notice, is that my AKs are way off the other top hands.. But you can perhaps see some other leaks too... I'll try and see if I can post some hand histories that represents the way I play them too.. Thanks again for all the advice [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-11-2005, 11:59 AM

Stop cold-calling. (Seriously.)
Old 08-11-2005, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The one thing I notice, is that my AKs are way off the other top hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sample size is WAY too small. Do not use this as evidence of anything.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stop cold-calling. (Seriously.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Was just about to say this. Reread the preflop section in SSH, he states that there are a few routine mistakes players make preflop and coldcalling is one of them. You should hardly ever just call a raise - and you do it a lot - sometimes even with great hands like KK! You should be happy to get as much money in before the flop as possible with a hand like that.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:17 PM

why is your vpip with AA below 100%?