Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-26-2005, 04:59 PM

Default Re: A lot of calling with JJ

[ QUOTE ]
draw esp. 3 handed so unless the guy flopped the flush you want as much going in as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't it be the case that even if he knew UTG+1 had AhKh and the other player had a very tight 3-betting range (TT+, AK) he should still be capping the flop as he would probably have over 33% equity in this pot with top set? Add to that the fact that there is no way UTG+1 always has a flush here, obviously, and that this should be an easy flop cap?
Old 12-26-2005, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
draw esp. 3 handed so unless the guy flopped the flush you want as much going in as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't it be the case that even if he knew UTG+1 had AhKh and the other player had a very tight 3-betting range (TT+, AK) he should still be capping the flop as he would probably have over 33% equity in this pot with top set? Add to that the fact that there is no way UTG+1 always has a flush here, obviously, and that this should be an easy flop cap?

[/ QUOTE ]

could be, depending on his equity, which depends on the other guy's 3-betting range like you said. all i was saying is if the guy doesn't have flush, you want as much $$ going in as possible. if he has a flush, that may not be true.
Old 12-27-2005, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't play 15/30 and I'm sure it's more aggro than I'm used to, but I think the default by-the-book PF play is to fold JJ against a raise and a reraise. Looking at these stats, a 6 PFR opens and an 8 PFR 3-bets (and if he's playing over half his hands but only raising 8% of them, I doubt he's 3-betting with anything worse than JJ. AQs/AKo maybe. But you're also not closing the action. I dunno... everyone here loves playing JJ for any number of bets PF, but it's close for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not an online player, but there is no way I am folding JJ pre-flop here against two virtually unknown players. Not capping is debatable, but folding is ridiculous.
Old 12-27-2005, 06:09 PM

With a limited sample I could see capping pre-flop. If you are pretty sure that they are both relatively passive, I would fold pre-flop.

I think 3-betting the turn would be good. You are probably only going to get re-raised by the absolute nuts. Then you can decide whether to take a free showdown or not. Overall I think you win the most lose less this way.