Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 06:38 PM

Default Re: No content, not even a stud hand, but....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I probably would have just pushed right away. maybe the one guy with a brain would have been the one with jacks...probably not though

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, in an SNG when it comes to potential big pots, you're more worried about about varience than EV. If you can convince just one of those hands that it might not be worth it you've helped your chances in this tourney significantly.

[/ QUOTE ]

You never EVER want one of those hands to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

why not? It is the same concept with big pairs in stud. You are much happier when it is heads up then with a lot of people drawing. Especially in this spot, there are a lot of chips in the pot already compared to the blind level, you dont want to give someone a chance to do exactly what happened.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-17-2005, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I probably would have just pushed right away. maybe the one guy with a brain would have been the one with jacks...probably not though

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, in an SNG when it comes to potential big pots, you're more worried about about varience than EV. If you can convince just one of those hands that it might not be worth it you've helped your chances in this tourney significantly.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why not? It is the same concept with big pairs in stud. You are much happier when it is heads up then with a lot of people drawing. Especially in this spot, there are a lot of chips in the pot already compared to the blind level, you dont want to give someone a chance to do exactly what happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

The horse race concept is not nearly as big a deal in HE. Espically if you think your opponents could likely have PPs. Now you only have to dodge 2 cards per opponent.

Horse racing would make much more sense if you had AK and didn't want a QT or 87 to come along. You don't have a big edge against those opponents.

And the in the said hand when you get 3 other callers you'll quadruple up 55% of the time. And you'll pretty much have the tourney won then.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:54 AM

See, that's why I post here. The mods are much nicer. Of course, they can afford to be, because you guys are reasonably well-behaved.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
See, that's why I post here. The mods are much nicer. Of course, they can afford to be, because you guys are reasonably well-behaved.

[/ QUOTE ]
The main reason I linked to that other post was because I had just read it the same day and it was remarkably similar to yours.
But I agree it says a lot about our forum when our worst transgressions are posting screenshots of 4-color deck hands. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2005, 10:58 AM

The problem is that you don't play enough of these. After you 8 table STT's for a while, you will be completely desensitized to hands like this (or quite insane).

Also, your hand will hold just under 59% of the time, so 41% of the time you are going out. Were I you, I would be dacing for joy that people will get all in pf with such heavy, multi-way action with such crap. Limp/re-re-raising with TT?? (The fact that there was a reraise out of the blinds is huge.) Calling after that with JJ? Then the BB calling the first time with KQo then all in with KQo?? My god, you have just been shown where to get the money printing licenses. (Party Poker also has a nice licensing office, and they let you print bigger bills [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )