Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software

Old 11-05-2005, 01:30 AM

Default Fed up with Poker Ace suckiness

So I'm sitting here playing and like usual only half my tables are working with PA, then they work for about 15 seconds, then half of the table stops working, or maybe just the table average will work, etc etc etc

Anyways, does this happen with Player View? Should I get that instead? Are there any products out there that actually work and aren't bugged to hell so you have to reopen the program every 10 minutes, then wait for 5 minutes for the tables to load, then start the process over again.

Bleh.
Old 11-05-2005, 01:36 AM

Default Re: Fed up with Poker Ace suckiness

What are the specs on your PC and how big are the databases you have PA looking at.

I used to run PA on 4 tables and have it reading databases that totaled about 3.5 million hands. All with only about 1 gig of ram in my PC. It would run excpetionally slow and freeze up a lot on me.

I upped my ram to 1.5 gigs and I have started only using the most recent 1.5 million hands in my databses and it has 0 problems updating now.
Old 11-05-2005, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What are the specs on your PC and how big are the databases you have PA looking at.

[/ QUOTE ]

1 gig of ram and other things you'd expect from a $1100 dell computer. Not sure of the exact specs.

My database is like 250,000 hands. I am running a 2nd Windows XP user for datamining.
Old 11-05-2005, 01:59 AM

Running the second XP user may be causing your problems. What I did was create a second Party directory for datamining and keep the original for playing only. This way the .hhf files created by the mining XP user are not in the directory that PAHUD is looking at to find tables the player has open.

You can just copy all the files from the original PartyPoker directory and subdirectories into the new Party directory that you will use for mining.

G'luck all,
LVGamb00ler
Old 11-05-2005, 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So I'm sitting here playing and like usual only half my tables are working with PA, then they work for about 15 seconds, then half of the table stops working, or maybe just the table average will work, etc etc etc

Anyways, does this happen with Player View? Should I get that instead? Are there any products out there that actually work and aren't bugged to hell so you have to reopen the program every 10 minutes, then wait for 5 minutes for the tables to load, then start the process over again.

Bleh.

[/ QUOTE ]

For some reason the latest version (1.0) seems to have introduced a stability bug. I believe that I've figured out the cause of this bug and fixed it (testing right now). In the mean time, if you notice something weird happening, just reset PA Hud. I have also fixed the speed issue that was introduced in a recent version (due to a separate bug fix). Both of these issues should be resolved in the next release.

I realize this is an inconvenience for you and I apologize for it. I've been putting 12-14 hours every day into PA Hud for the past week or so trying to figure these bugs out so I can get a patch released ASAP.

Edited to add: If you have problems, please don't hesitate to post on my forums. You don't even need to register. It's just a better way for you to get help with problems.
Old 11-05-2005, 03:46 AM

<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre> Running the second XP user may be causing your problems. </pre><hr />

This is the problem without a doubt.
Old 11-05-2005, 04:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Bleh.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. What is the point in bashing a product even though you have sought zero help with your problems?

2. Obviously you have never used PV or you wouldnt be complaining. PV was 100x buggier and that is no exaggeration.

3. We've resolved all problems and the next release will be extremely stable much like v0.33 (pre v1.00) was.

4. The 2nd instance of Party is most definitily causing a problem. How is PAH supposed to know which files are which? Maybe its not the suckiness of the software after all???
Old 11-06-2005, 07:11 AM

i definately recommend you go ahead and get PV.

i am sure that an essentially static, rarely updated, twice the cost and much less customizable (from what i hear) program will certainly suit your needs much better than the current cutting edge of HUD technology.....

PAHUD is definately not for you.

cheers and good luck with PV,
sean
Old 11-07-2005, 03:48 PM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"

You could roll back to .32 or .33 those versions worked fine for me. Otherwise I'm normally hosed 700 hands into a session, though it is a problem only if I'm running 5+ tables. Guess what, I run 5+ tables. I mean I don't even feel like I'm playing if I only have 4 open.

I own a license for PV, so I went back and looked at it for a stop gap. Sorry no dice. PSQL support just isn't there, plus APT's layouts have really shown their value to me. (Except that his pop up stats are worthless, he must only play NL because he doesn't log steals anywhere)
Old 11-07-2005, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Bleh.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. What is the point in bashing a product even though you have sought zero help with your problems?

2. Obviously you have never used PV or you wouldnt be complaining. PV was 100x buggier and that is no exaggeration.

3. We've resolved all problems and the next release will be extremely stable much like v0.33 (pre v1.00) was.

4. The 2nd instance of Party is most definitily causing a problem. How is PAH supposed to know which files are which? Maybe its not the suckiness of the software after all???

[/ QUOTE ]

man people are quick to hand out blowjobs to pokerace whenever possible. the reason he's bashing it is because it's supposed to work and it didn't. someone should start a thread entitled 'bump this everytime you jackoff to pahud'