Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2005, 02:13 PM

Default StarSpy Error

on one of my computers, when starspy tries to grab hands it gets a
"Run-time error '75':
Path/File access error"

i uninstalled/reinstalled, no help. this isn't happening on my laptop, so it's probly something specific to this computer. if anyone has had this, or knows what the error message is reffering too, that would help.

i would rather do my spying on the desktop, instead of my laptop, because it gets used less often and has more memory, so i can leave it open and just let it do its thing.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:58 PM

Default Re: StarSpy Error

It sounds like StarSpy is unable to create a text file in the HH output directory on that computer. Did you try assigning a different/new directory?
Old 07-09-2005, 03:55 PM

ok, i don't understand y that one folder was causing problems. it had worked before. but it appears to be working fine now.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:20 AM

the error is back. the last time it happened i had to make a new folder and import to there. it worked like twice for that folder (one test and one full run). now it gets the same error for this new folder. seems that making a new folder is a temporary fix.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the error is back. the last time it happened i had to make a new folder and import to there. it worked like twice for that folder (one test and one full run). now it gets the same error for this new folder. seems that making a new folder is a temporary fix.

[/ QUOTE ]
This might seem like a silly question, but does the folder you last used still exist on your PC? The reason I ask is this: when StarSpy starts up it gets the path to the output folder from the registry. It keeps that path in memory until the user changes it or exits the program. The only way an error would occur would be if the folder no longer existed or if StarSpy did not have permission to write to that folder. If you _had_ changed the permissions on that folder you'd know why nothing could be written into it and you wouldn't be questioning what went wrong, so I have to assume the folder you were using was moved or deleted (networking issue, perhaps?). If not, I don't know what would be causing this to happen.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:13 AM

the computer has multiple users and i had the folder in the My Documents for my user name. i was already considering that i might try making a folder just on the C drive and see if that helped. i did have time to do that before i left for work today. i will try that when i get home.
Old 07-13-2005, 08:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the computer has multiple users and i had the folder in the My Documents for my user name. i was already considering that i might try making a folder just on the C drive and see if that helped. i did have time to do that before i left for work today. i will try that when i get home.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good idea. I would make the new folder on the C drive, start StarSpy, run it for a minute or two, shut it down, start it back up, and try grabbing HHs. Also, I'd probably reboot the computer and try grabbing HHs again just to see if that had any effect on the folder. Please let me know how it goes!
Old 07-13-2005, 07:09 PM

ok, got home and ran some tests. starspy, without fail, gets there error every 2nd time u try to write to any folder. 1st time means: open stars & starspy, load/write hands for however long, close both. then on the 2nd time u start doing thru the steps, when it tries to write the file i get the error. folder location doesn't seem to be making a difference. i have tried folders directly on c drive and in my documents.
here is where it gets interesting. when i restart the computer, something clears in memory or something and now u can write to a folder once, and then it fails on the 2nd try like it has been doing. it also seems that as long as starspy never closes it will still write properly to the folder; closing and then reopening stars doesn't change anything and neither does repeatedly tell starspy to stop and start grabbing hands.

so it seems that there might be something happening when starspy exits. hopefully this is enough to help u find what might be causing this.
Old 07-13-2005, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok, got home and ran some tests. starspy, without fail, gets there error every 2nd time u try to write to any folder. 1st time means: open stars & starspy, load/write hands for however long, close both. then on the 2nd time u start doing thru the steps, when it tries to write the file i get the error. folder location doesn't seem to be making a difference. i have tried folders directly on c drive and in my documents.
here is where it gets interesting. when i restart the computer, something clears in memory or something and now u can write to a folder once, and then it fails on the 2nd try like it has been doing. it also seems that as long as starspy never closes it will still write properly to the folder; closing and then reopening stars doesn't change anything and neither does repeatedly tell starspy to stop and start grabbing hands.

so it seems that there might be something happening when starspy exits. hopefully this is enough to help u find what might be causing this.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yikes!

I've contacted PokerStars and am waiting to find out their offical stance on StarSpy, and until I get clarification of the above I'm not allowing downloads or offering support. If they give me the all-clear, I'll do what I can to help you out.
Old 07-15-2005, 07:36 PM

since starspy has officially not gotten the thumbs down, can u look into my folder lockup problem again.