Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2005, 01:45 PM

Default $3/6 stud/8 hand

7 Card Stud High-Low ($3/$6), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (0.58 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 3: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 4: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 5: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds

4th Street - (6.92 SB)

Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

<font color="red">A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]</font> hesitated a bit before betting. Obviously, this could mean that he was playing multiple tables or had a connection problem, but I chose to interpret it as a sign of weakness. Catching a third club helped. Hell, I could make a low. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

5th Street - (4.96 BB)

Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (6.96 BB)

Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 4: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls

River - (10.96 BB)

Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___checks___calls

Total pot: (12.96 BB)

There is really no substitute for catching cards.
Old 04-24-2005, 02:03 PM

Default Re: $3/6 stud/8 hand

He probably started off with a low and figured he should keep betting since he caught so well. Or maybe I am wrong. I have no idea. All I know is your full house probably took this one down. Hehehe...
Old 04-24-2005, 02:09 PM

On 3rd, I love/hate the fact that the Ace help get it 3-handed with that silly Jack.

On 4th I would be tempted to raise to try and fold Seat 3 but think that’s prolly way wrong. First, he called your completion (and follow on raise) so he’s probably not ready to give up yet. Second, I don’t really want to get head-ups with that Ace - right?

Is that a smooth-call there on 5th, giddy with dread? I would be.

Nice hand sir.
Old 04-24-2005, 02:26 PM

Nice hand, not sure there's much else to say, except where are you playing that has a .25 ante at 3/6? That place must be a rock garden.
Old 04-24-2005, 02:32 PM

PokerStars. The action is actually pretty decent, although the high-only games are usually better.
Old 04-24-2005, 02:46 PM

BTW, thanks for using the “test” version of the converter. This is the first post I’ve seen that used it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-24-2005, 02:46 PM

I actually think raising fourth is a decent play. You should flush out the Jack. If the Ace has a busted low, you're in good shape. If he has Aces, you can always draw out, and at least you're playing for the whole pot. Against a good player, you might be able to buy the pot on fifth if you catch another straight or small flush card.

On fifth, part of me was trying to keep the Jack in, and part of me was afraid I was behind. Not sure what I would have done if I hadn't filled.
Old 04-24-2005, 03:06 PM

I think you played the whole hand very well.
Old 04-24-2005, 03:34 PM

Andy, would you have played this hand differently if one of the Kings was your door card?
Old 04-24-2005, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

On fifth, part of me was trying to keep the Jack in, and part of me was afraid I was behind. Not sure what I would have done if I hadn't filled

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a great reason to call with the trip Ks. You will lose the least when you are behind. By not going into a raising war with trip Aces. And you are getting the same amount (or maybe more depending on how long the Jack stays with you) when ahead.

But if you raise into open aces after spiking a K that Jack should turbo fold.