Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-28-2005, 10:01 PM

Default Re: Biggest pot you\'ve ever made a bad fold in?

[ QUOTE ]
I just mucked the best hand in a 14 BB pot, which was pretty gross.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yay, I win, kind of, my hand would have been a split, it was a fair bit dumber though. Folded rockets with 4 to a royal (ace missing) diamonds on the board - one to me closing the action in a 19.75BB pot. Needless to say, neither of the others still in the hand had a diamond and I would have split with ATh.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Other day I had 72o on the button on a tight table and it was capped before it got to me, I folded and the flop was 222. DID I FEEL STUPID!

I think the topic involves making a BAD fold, not I folded a winning hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding. That was what I was talking about. I ditched the 9s on the river. (ie. a BAD fold) Thanks for the sarcastic response though.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Other day I had 72o on the button on a tight table and it was capped before it got to me, I folded and the flop was 222. DID I FEEL STUPID!

I think the topic involves making a BAD fold, not I folded a winning hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding. That was what I was talking about. I ditched the 9s on the river. (ie. a BAD fold) Thanks for the sarcastic response though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I think keimo is correct. Just because this one time you folded the winning hand does not make it a bad fold. What percentage of the time do you think your 99 is good on the board you descirbe when other players are betting/raising,? Probably not very often, so while this one time you folded the winning hand, if you consisently call down with in those types of situtation you lose a lot of money, and folding is the correct (GOOD) play.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?

Maybe you outta explain your hand a bit better then becuase here is what I see.

You had pocket nines.
Board contained an AKJ all of the same suit
Two players were betting aggressively
You HAD POCKET NINES!!

What am I missing here that makes this such a bad fold?
Old 12-29-2005, 06:56 PM

Okay, look guys... I was under the impression that the post was asking for times when you folded a winning hand on the river. If I was wrong, I appologize. I am on this site to learn and I just wasn't a huge fan of the sarcastic response to my serious post.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, look guys... I was under the impression that the post was asking for times when you folded a winning hand on the river. If I was wrong, I appologize. I am on this site to learn and I just wasn't a huge fan of the sarcastic response to my serious post.

[/ QUOTE ]

post a hand if you want sarcasm.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't get overdefensive man. Their sarcasm is acctually a veiled way to say you made the right fold in that situation. Which you did. Folding those nines was a must, even though it turns out you would have won doesn't mean it would have been a "good" play to call with them in that situation. What the post was asking for is decisions that seem more marginal where you folded and would have won. Calling with nines on a 3suit AKJ board is not marginal and you made the right play. To think otherwise is basing you decisions on results which is terrible.

Just chill out about it though. Sarcasm and being an a** is what these boards are made of. Everyone gets mocked a little bit here and it's part of what makes it great and fun to learn poker here.

Now I will take the brunt of the mockery for being a peacemaker
Old 12-29-2005, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now I will take the brunt of the mockery for being a peacemaker

[/ QUOTE ]
this thread is about making folds, not making friends.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:05 PM

Alright then. Maybe I was overdefensive, but I'm still going to quit reading this thread and find one where I can learn something.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:19 PM

Here's a big one