Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software

Old 12-21-2005, 10:37 AM

Default Anyone want to write this application?? -- Me love you long time...

It's for dataminers.

Here's the problem: the auto-import feature in PT contains a filtering feature that lets you tell it to ONLY import hands with between x and y players for Party HHs. But the problem is that there's ONLY this feature for Party HHs and not for any of the other clients I mine.

So -- as I am guessing is probably what you've discovered for yourself -- the solution is, for example, to take 1,000 UB HHs, import them into a "dumping" DB, then use the EXPORT feature to, for example, export all UB hands with between 8 and 10 players to a folder, and then RE-import these 'streamlined' HHs into your functional DBs.

So yesterday, I thought of a great program: a stand-alone application that you could quickly dump a whole bunch of HHs into (from UB, Pacific, FTP, Stars, Prima, whatever -- any site other than Party really, it could be used for ALL HHS not just mined hands), and it would automatically spit out 'streamlined' text files with ONLY those HHs that fit the # of players criteria that the user would specify. That would prevent us from doing the whole import/export/RE-import runaround.

This can't be that hard to write...what do you think?
Old 12-21-2005, 10:50 AM

Default Re: Anyone want to write this application?? -- Me love you long time..

Very simple. If somebody doesn't already have it done by the time my flight lands in 12 hours, I will take a stab at it.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:08 AM

Super -- yeah, there's no doubt this isn't all that hard an app to write, but i have 0 programming skills with which to do so.

Here's the type of functionality and interface I had in mind -- of course anyone's free to create their own, but maybe this will be of some guidance.

1) It should have a basic "select files" option from either a dropdown menu or a button on the main GUI, which would bring up a window that lets the user select the files to be filtered.

2) It should also have checkboxes on the main page that correspond to each of the 6 (or however many) sites that this will work with, so you can tell the program which site's HHs it will be looking at, because I'm guessing the reading and parsing of the HHs will have to be slightly different for each -- personally, I'd like to see it be able to handle UB, Pacific, Stars, FTP, and Prima. THis differentiation is needed, because, for example, the format that Gametime+ spits out UB HHs in is one big amalgamated text file with 300 HHs, whereas the Pacific Handgrabber program creates individual text files with one hand each.

3) Lastly, it should have a "desired output folder" field, where the user could specify what folder he wants the 'filtered' HHs to be put in. They could either be separated into single text files with one HH per file, or kept (or converted in Pacific's case) in amalgamated text files with many HHs per file. One quick caveat if it's the latter: I once used a free text amalgamation program that I found on the web to take 500 Stars HHs, and amalgamate them all into a single TXT file with all 500 HHs in it. I then tried to import this combined file into PT, but found that whatever the amalgamator had done in combining the files, it had rendered it unreadable to PT (I can't figure out why, because all it did was insert a line of space, no characters, between each HH in the amalgamated file). Anyway, I just bring that up as a quick caveat that just dumping all the text into a TXT file doesn't mean PT will be able to read it all.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:46 AM

Well you have shattered my dreams of a simple command line based solution.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:29 PM

lol - no, just make it as simple as you want. it will be much appreciated either way.

my suggestions were just to make it aesthetically pleasing and user-friendly, but i'll be able to make just as good use of any basic command line thing, as long as the functionality is there. (The sites I care most about are UB, Stars, and Pacific.)
Old 12-22-2005, 04:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Very simple. If somebody doesn't already have it done by the time my flight lands in 12 hours, I will take a stab at it.

[/ QUOTE ]

this makes me very happy!
Old 12-22-2005, 04:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's for dataminers.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are certainly on to something here....

i too have been taking the long route to keeping my dbs nice and lean.

if mr.pokergrader was able to run with this idea it would be sweet.

cheers,
sean
Old 12-22-2005, 08:24 AM

Alright, I am landed. Email me sample hand histories at pokergrader@gmail.com and I can figure out the formats and churn something out.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Alright, I am landed. Email me sample hand histories at pokergrader@gmail.com and I can figure out the formats and churn something out.

[/ QUOTE ]HA! I knew this whole "I'm a nice programmer guy" thing was all an act! He's out to get a couple of your hand-histories!

Just kidding. Thanks, pokergrader.
-Sam
Old 12-22-2005, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i am out all day doing christmas stuff but when i get back to my computer this evening i will send some stars and prima files as well....

thanks,
sean