Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 05:40 PM

Default Duces Full (2-7 TD)

clearly this has an advantage,u know everyone else is drawing that much rougher.

that being said, i got 2 full of 9s today and had no idea how to play it. no real specific reads beyond the table has a good handle on what they r doing.

if i play it, do i just have to bunker down and hope the snow works? at what points can u say they r not going anywhere and break? is the information enough, and u can just draw on the first round?
Old 11-16-2005, 05:43 PM

Default Re: Duces Full (2-7 TD)

Normally, you'd draw one on the first round and then go pat. Just keep betting until you get raised and then fold.

You can safely assume that you won't have odds to draw 4. So, don't do that unless your opponent stands pat in front of you without raising.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Normally, you'd draw one on the first round and then go pat. Just keep betting until you get raised and then fold.

You can safely assume that you won't have odds to draw 4. So, don't do that unless your opponent stands pat in front of you without raising.

[/ QUOTE ]

I won't snow with this hand, but I would with hands such as 22277 or 22255. Also position is a factor.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2005, 11:21 PM

I wouldn't play it unless I was in an exceptionally tight/nittish game. On UB the 1/2 and 5/10 run like that sometimes, but it's very rare at other stakes.

I've essentially given up on pure snowing in normal games. People are way too willing to play hands without deuces, and to call bets with crap on the end.

In the BB, I'll go ahead and draw 4.