Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting

Old 09-17-2005, 03:26 PM

Default Boring 3+1ers!!!!11one111

Just reading through the 3+1 picks thread to have a look at some viewpoints, and there aren't many.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm rather verbose. I certainly don't expect that from everyone, it's also not me running the competition, or the forum, or anything, BUT it would be really nice if people mentioned WHY they picked their picks, or at least their top pick.

Even if it's a hunch, or something silly like the Pats always win when it rains the previous Wednesday. I don't care, I'd just love to read opinions.

I suck at this game and I post mine, surely we could make the thread more interesting [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] It's an internet forum, nobody has to see your red face if you make a total blunder... that's half the fun.

Lori
Old 09-17-2005, 05:26 PM

Default Re: Boring 3+1ers!!!!11one111

i agree...

by the way ... any tips on EPL games? I follow it very peripherally and would be curious if you wager on it?

FishNChips
Old 09-17-2005, 05:36 PM

i actually began typing my reasoning but then thought, What a bunch of crap, i don't know what i'm talking about---then deleted it. but you've inspired me to type on--next week i'll post my reasons, no matter how misinformed.
Old 09-17-2005, 05:40 PM

I actually think that misinformed reasons like mine can be of use as it would give the more seasoned players a chance to see what the barstool pundits are thinking [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

As to the EPL, I do bet on it, but it's in the form of laying a nasty % overround book on betfair, and I only know the minimum to survive.

At the odds I lay, it's hard to get battered [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Lori
Old 09-17-2005, 05:41 PM

i added comments... i also added my disclaimer :
total noob
no actual $$$ on the line while I learn

doesn't mean I don't have an opinion no matter how misguided.

now, about the EPL???
Old 09-17-2005, 05:44 PM

The only thing I can think of with regards the soccer is that it may be a very low scoring season.
Keep an eye on the under/over 2.5 goal lines and if they don't start to drop and the dour scores continue, they may be worth an under later in the year.

Lori
Old 09-17-2005, 05:47 PM

Successful NFL wagering oftentimes makes no sense at all by the standard of conventional sports wisdom and in-depth analysis. My own analysis then would only hurt, not help. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]