Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2005, 08:32 PM

Default PGC Release - Huge improvement on last version

Improvements:

- Splits up all the tables into whatever limit they are and tournaments.
- Creates a "buddy list" of all the opponents at whatever limits you select, so you can go through and find fishies after your session that you may have missed
- You can now look through all the tables and sort the hands by rank so you can easily find the hand you are looking for
- For the hand output, automatically handles the VP$IP/PFR/Agg for you opponents, using the data that is collected previous to that hand.

Example output:

PartyPoker - $0.5/$1 - 7 players (Converter: PGC)

SB is 36/6/2.4 (33)
BB is 33/17/0.8 (12)
UTG+1 is 0/0/- (2)

Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

PreFlop
<font color="blue">UTG folds</font>, <font color="green">UTG+1 Calls</font>, <font color="blue">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero RAISES</font>, <font color="blue">Button folds</font>
<font color="green">SB Calls</font>, <font color="green">BB Calls</font>, <font color="green">UTG+1 Calls</font>

(4 players) FLOP: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ( Pot Size: 4 BB )
<font color="green">SB checks</font>, <font color="green">BB checks</font>, <font color="green">UTG+1 checks</font>, <font color="red">Hero BETS</font>
<font color="blue">SB folds</font>, <font color="blue">BB folds</font>, <font color="blue">UTG+1 folds</font>

Final Pot:4.5 BB

Feel free to post any features you would like to see or any bugs you find. Download is at http://client.pokergrader.com/
Old 06-28-2005, 04:38 PM

Default Re: PGC Release - Huge improvement on last version

For some reason I can only add like 5 files at once?
Old 06-28-2005, 09:00 PM

Hmmm, shouldn't be any problem. If the file doesn't contain any hands, PGC does add it, so perhaps you were adding files that were either the wrong format or didn't have any hands?

Other than that im not sure, but I will look into it.
Old 06-30-2005, 05:32 AM

I downloaded the latest PGC Release and everything looks good.

I do have one suggestion though. I would like to see the ability to import hands between a date range and/or since a date along with the last X # of hands.

However, there appears to be some major problems with the site.

I used the PGC client to gather my last 2033 hands (all hands played for the evening) from PT. I then uploaded the file to the site and the stats are incorrect.

Here is the link to my Profit Statistics.

Under profit, my actual profit is incorrect. My Lost to Rake is incorrect. My BB/100 is incorrect. My aggression statistics are incorrect. All of my stats on the 'Report Card' are also incorrect. I havent checked anything else but these few errors are enough to throw off the entire thing. Which leads me to question whether or not any other things are incorrect, such as potential profit, Overall Luck, etc.
Old 06-30-2005, 02:27 PM

Well if the actual profit and aggression statistics are wrong, then chances are there was an error somewhere.

As I said PGC has been well tested but is still in beta, and this is definetly a bug in PGC and not PokerGrader. I think the problem is related to all-in situations, and ill try to locate the problem and fix it tonight.
Old 06-30-2005, 07:10 PM

can you explain how my "potential profit" can be negative?
Old 06-30-2005, 11:24 PM

Potential Profit ranks your expected hand strength against a sliding scale of likely to unlikely hands your opponent is playing. It then uses this rank to count the money you put into the pot vs how much money your opponent put into the pot using this expected hand strength.

The only data points PP uses are your expected hand strength, the number of opponents, and the size of the pot. It doesn't look at what your opponents actually had or who ended up winning the pot.

If you have the nuts, you get 100% of the value of your money + your opponents money. If you have a good hand, (mid-set, non nut flush), you are probably getting a high amount, 80-90%. All the way down to a bad hand which perhaps is getting 0-30% of the money. By calculating this for every hand, PP is designed to determine how much money you will make on average for every hand you play, regardless of what actually happened. The FAQ on the site has some more information about it.

Since the blinds count against your PP (IE you have to be able to beat the blinds to have a positive PP), a slightly negative PP could just mean you weren't getting any hands and you were slowly being blinded away. Which over the course of 200 hands it is very possible for a good player to still average negative money due to the blinds. However if it is more than trivially negative (worse than -2 or -3 BB/100), then there are probably some sort of leaks in your game that you might want to look into.
Old 07-05-2005, 04:37 AM

Interesting.

Over a recent session, I played about a thousand hands, and made around 5BB/100. On the contrary, PG showed my potential profit to be -5BB/100. What sort of leaks could cause such a difference in numbers?
Old 07-05-2005, 10:01 PM

If you give me a specific link to the page maybe I can check it out.